Lands'End is a classic American lifestyle brand with a passion for quality, legendary service, real value and a simple two-word promise to stand behind everything it sells: Guaranteed. Period. Lands'End delivers timeless style for Men, Women, Kids and the Home. With over 50 years of experience, Lands'End is renowned for its culture of service for the customer and is recognized as an innovator in the industry. Lands'End is publicly traded and listed on NASDAQ under the trading symbol (LE).
As the Manager of System Administration and Networking, this position's responsibilities include, but are not limited to, overall enterprise wide effectiveness and efficiency of data center technology, Windows and Linux system administration, storage and backup systems, cloud based infrastructure and applications, and LAN/WAN voice and data networks. Focus areas include supporting the organizations key business strategies, improving process maturity, and creating agile and resilient information systems.
This position develops and implements standards, procedures and continuous process improvements. Plans and manages the support of new technologies, drives data center performance and reliability, defines and negotiates contracts and service level agreements, forecasts financial, physical, virtual, and human resource needs to meet established objectives. Recommendations and develops business continuance plans and capabilities of systems and processes supported.
Responsible for the full systems development life cycle management of projects/programs. Provides direction for technical resources through direct and indirect staff including onshore and offshore teams. Actively participates in long-range strategy planning and manages policy development to address complex business issues, provides leadership to cross-functional teams. Serves as the primary point of contact from project/program inception to delivery. Defines and develops project vision, manages a methodology driven quality plan, monitors and controls the quality of the deliverable, as well as manages the project completion.
* Formulate and deploy strategic plans for acquiring and enabling agile, efficient and cost-effective information processing and communication technologies.
* Manage department's project delivery including project vision, business requirements, project planning, organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources, and delivery commitments.
* Oversee negotiation and administration of vendor, outsourcer, and consultant contracts and service agreements.
* Develop bid requirements for all hardware and software upgrades, reviews submitted bids for compliance with stated requirements, and makes the appropriate award.
* Promote continuous process improvement and the development/updating of policies and work procedures
* Where necessary, re-engineer applications and infrastructure support to ensure it aligns with business processes, tactical planning, and strategic vision.
* Develop and review budgets for and from IT department divisions and ensure they comply with stated goals, guidelines, and objectives.
* Review performance of IT systems to determine operating costs, productivity levels, capacity needs, security, and upgrade requirements.
* Benchmark, analyze situations, report on, and make recommendations for the improvement of the IT systems.
* Authorize and oversee the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, and support of all hardware and software based on department needs.
* Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
* Direct research on potential technology solutions and implementations in support of new initiatives, opportunities, and procurement efforts.
* Continually formulate tactics and strategy to drive down ongoing maintenance costs.
POSITIONAL COMPENTENCIES (3-5):
* Solid project management skills and experience with a demonstrated ability to develop, motivate and lead successful teams
* Solid familiarity and technical knowledge of current IT technologies, operating systems, local and wide area network design, telephony, and IS operations, and data center equipment, and cloud based information.
* Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or another related field. Or equivalent work experience.
* Typically has 10 to 15 years of IT and business industry work experience, with at least 3 years of leadership experience in managing multiple, large, cross-functional teams or projects, and influencing senior level management and key stakeholders. Experience in the areas such as network, database administration, computer operations and production support.
* 5+ years direct experience in development, architecture, implementation and management of enterprise infrastructure.
* Proven experience negotiating complex supplier contracts.
* Experience recruiting, interviewing and selecting new team members, developing goals and managing employee performance, and ensuring overall team effectiveness.
Posted by StartWire
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task