As Engineering Manager, you will lead a global engineering team to build the Enterprise Search application and tune the performance to the needs of the enterprise. You will interact with different Akamai groups in Cambridge/US and understand their search related requirements. You will also be responsible for change management and knowledge consolidation. In addition to Enterprise Search, you may also be given minor projects related to standard third-party and open source business process applications.
As an Engineering Manager you will be responsible for:
* Working closely with executive management to define priorities, direction and timelines.
* Communicating clearly and honestly with stakeholders about progress, roadblocks, and timelines.
* Recruiting, mentoring, and leading a team of talented leaders and engineers.
* Inspire engineers to work hard, lead by example and keep enthusiasm high in tight-deadline situations.
* Fostering innovation in the team to develop fast, scalable and secure systems that can keep up with the demand from the Akamai Platform.
* Handling day-to-day management tasks such as performance reviews, time off, HR Coordination.
About the Team
The PLM engineering team which is part of the CIO org is primarily responsible for developing, enhancing and supporting enterprise applications / solutions. The team works on collaboration areas like Enterprise Search and Wizards innovation program as well as other areas like product management/operations. The platforms include Salesforce as well as AngularJS and Ruby. The team is distributed, with staff both in Cambridge, MA and Bangalore, India.
Required Education and Experience:
Applicants must meet one of the following education and experience requirements:
* 8 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor s degree or
* 6 years of relevant experience and a Master s degree or
* 3 years of relevant experience and a PhD or
* Equivalent professional experience
* 8+ of combined experience as both a developer/architect and manager/team lead on mission critical applications.
* 2+ years of management experience.
* A proven track record in hiring, managing, and setting direction of a team.
* Experience working directly with stakeholders, with strong customer focus and negotiation skills.
* Management experience in all stages of the software development life cycle.
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
* Experience coordinating with remote teams.
* Web development experience on Object Oriented Technologies.
* Experience with Agile Software Development methodology.
* Experience with SaaS applications.
* Experience with application administration.
Associated topics: brand leader, communications, director administration marketing, head, leader, manage execution, marketing lead, marketing leadership, partnerships, product demonstrator