The Project Manager oversees the planning, implementation, and tracking of a specific short-term/long term refrigeration Installation (primarily, may include some additional trades) project which has a beginning, an end and specified deliverables, with primary focus on financial, schedule, project management and quality performance objectives. Knowledge of commercial and industrial refrigeration, project management, work place safety, customer relations, accounting processes, bid development & sales is required.
PROJECT MANAGER JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Understand the entire scope of the project.
* Develop refrigeration scope of the project for contractors if required.
* Create a detailed project execution plan (PEP) which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project.
* Prepare and implement a communication plan that meets the client reporting requirements and keeps all personnel involved in the project informed. Manage all communication amongst the team to foster an open environment of positive communication and teamwork to proactively solve issues and successfully execute the project scope.
* Determine the resources (time, money, equipment, etc) required to complete the project.
* Sourcing bids from Refrigeration contractors and analyzing SOWs.
* Develop and manage a cost budget to meet estimated margin
* Develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities
* Review the project schedule with senior management and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities; revise the schedule as required
* Determine the client objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion.
* Prequalify and hire subcontract trades and personnel to execute the project.
* Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards
* Meets or exceed financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing budgets, scheduling expenditures, identifying and implementing efficiencies, analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
* Enhance client relationship through proactive and positive communication, and by recognizing and delivering on client key issues and expectations.
* Travelling to jobs sites for job visits and documenting reports for customers and internal office team.
* Maintain ongoing client relationship and recognize future business opportunities.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
* Be able to travel 50% to 70% of work time.
* 4 year degree
* Refrigeration knowledge and background REQUIRED
* 3+ years experience in project management or foreman level in Construction
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task