Job DescriptionJob Description
: Project ManagerContract:
Contract Reports to:
Project Director Summary
The role is a USA basedopportunity with principle responsibilities for all elements of a large global access control upgrade programme to a C Cure 9000 access control system.
The role will support either an entire 'rip and replace' project schedule as legacy
Client is phased out and upgraded to a C Cure 9000 platform, or enable software only technical support where sites already run on a C Cure 800 platform.
Candidates must be prepared to travel infrequently in support of survey and site commissioning schedules. Main Responsibilities of the Project Manager: Access Control Project Management:
- Deliver a C Cure 9000 Access Control System (Client) upgrade for all client office sites within the EMEA region;
- Plan the roll out of the upgrade system and efficiently project manage the survey and installation programmes;
- Liaise with client Project Managers, other client stakeholders and local service providers. Commissioning installations works by vendors at multiple sites across EMEA (both remote and on site) or provide offsite technical support migrating software where C Cure 800 already exists; and
- Support post commissioning 'soft landing' at each site within a defined region.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Ensure the client Client upgrade programme for the region are delivered in a manner that is cost effective and streamlined, maximising the efficient sequencing of individual projects;
- Direction of local service provider deliverables ensuring that both the upgrade works and all reporting meets the highest of standards expected by our client and theirs.
- Continuous liaison and relationship management with client Project Managers and other project stakeholders.
It is essential that the incumbent has:
- Excellent organisational skills supported by proficient use of project management tools and controls;
- A good understanding of basic building/engineering principles;
- The ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing to peers, junior entities and senior executives over multiple time zones;
- Excellent management skills. The nature of the role will require subtle client management skills;
- Demonstrable Project Management experience.
- Engineering or Electrical Engineering qualifications
- Experience in corporate security and the ability to apply his/her expertise and experience to a corporate environment;
- Good understanding of the security survey and security risk assessment;
- Formal qualifications or professional certification; ASIS PSP, BCCP, BCCS etc, or recent and relevant experience in a similar role
- PMP project management accreditation or equivalent
- Able to operate flexibly and with independence across a large portfolio of client sites;
- A person of high standards with a strong eye for detail;
- Comfortable with infrequent but short term (usually 2-5 days) travel commitments to the US, Canada and Latin America.
- Loyalty; able to balance the needs of the client with the requirements and priorities of the business
This role can be performed out of one of two locations: Burlington, MA or Penn Plaza in NY, NY.
Global Technical Talent, a Precocity-owned company and subsidiary of Chenega Corporation, specializes in recruiting and pre-qualifying senior level IT professionals for clients` immediate long- and short-term contract needs, contract to hire and direct hire positions. We build long-term, mutually beneficial partnerships with all of our clients and consultants. By having a complete understanding of our clients' IT organization, personality, needs and expectations we can be relied upon to consistently provide top tier service and match the perfect candidate to the right job.
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task