FIND YOUR FIT with Payless ShoeSource as the Technology Principal.
You know who you are. And you know what moves you. That's why your chosen career should fit you as well as your favorite pair of shoes, every step of the way. And that's what makes a career with Payless ShoeSource the perfect fit for you.
The Technology Principal is responsible for technology engineering, network/security landscape and related hardware. Includes vendor management coordination and communication for strategic projects and initiatives that impact the technology in 3000+ Payless Retail Stores.
This position is responsible for being the primary point of contact for the retail technology environment, including strategic projects and work initiatives that affect the Payless retail environment. Strong partnership and collaboration is critical for this position. This position will drive and coordinate the development of design, implementation, and support across (network, security,hardware, etc.) for all strategic and execution activities impacting the retail environment. This position will work directly with assigned Project Managers to ensure necessary design and architecture is approved to execute the rollout and sustained support across Payless stores environments. Strong communication and training are required to bring all groups up to speed on changes, projects and technical solutions.
This position is responsible for evaluating changes to network, security and hardware; identifies the impacts to the retail store environment and support impacts. This role manages the technology lifecycle by partnering during solution selection and then facilitating the configuration and optimization of hardware/infrastructure and ensuring application software operates as expected.
This role is responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with 3rd party vendors, to establish partnerships that enable Payless to stay informed of vendor's technology roadmaps and drive issue resolution or service improvements. This position will be responsible vendor management activities, including:
* Evaluation and testing of new technologies to support the retail long range plan.
* Management of vendor contracts and maintenance schedules supporting technologies installed in the retail environment. Forecast upcoming contract expirations to ensure adequate time is allowed for analysis, review, modifications and renewal/termination.
* Coordinate, facilitate and drive service improvements through regular Quarterly Business Reviews with vendor partners.
The Technology Principal is expected to be a well-established technical expert to effectively engage and communicate with all Technical teams.
Strategic Projects - Actively participate in IT design and architecture of technology initiatives. Ensure quality estimates are provided and planning for the following Retail Technology items: Network, Security, Hardware and related lifecycle.
Engineering Evaluate changes to network, security and hardware; software; identify impacts to retail store environment. Manage technology lifecycle; partner during solution selection; facilitate configuration and optimization of hardware/infrastructure; ensure application software operates as expected.
Vendor Management - Establish and maintain relationships with 3rd party vendors; identify implications of vendor's technology roadmaps, drive issue resolution, service improvements. Evaluation and testing of new network, security and hardware; Drive vendors to ensure equipment is robust and reliable.
Communication/Coordination - Responsible for ensuring documentation, communication and knowledge for technical designs and aspects of domain architecture are approved for solutions being implemented. Ensure the groups, internal as well as any 3rd party vendors are appropriately involved in the planning, design, and implementation of all strategic and execution activities impacting the retail environment. Alert the assigned Project Manager of any changes or risks to the project immediately. Partner with the vendor and Deployment Team leadership to ensure inventory is available for deployment per the schedule.
* Understanding of key processes and integration points within the IT department (infrastructure, architecture, applications, etc.)
* Vendor and SLA Management
* Financial Acumen - ROI, EBIT, SFS, Benefits Estimation, Forecasting/Budgeting
* Contract management and negotiation skills
* Ability to transfer knowledge to others
* Understanding of government requirements for retail in all countries we operate
* Business process design and implementation skills
* Managing to a Budget (time, resources, money)
* Exposure / Presentations to leadership
* Maintaining effective relationships
* Success in managing and overseeing multiple work items/efforts
* Effectively dealing with Ambiguity or Vagueness
* Initiating New Processes / Changing Existing Processes
* Being a Mentor/ Coach/Providing Direction
* Project Management is a plus
* Retail Hardware: POS and peripherals (Fujitsu, HP and Mobile), Scanner Technology (Motorola/Symbol/Zebra), Debit Card Readers (Ingenico, Verifone), Traffic Counter Technology (ShopperTrak), Desktop Computers, Printers, Network Equipment (Juniper, Fortinet and Cisco)
* Microsoft Office including expertise in Visio, Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint
* Ability to Redline documents and track changes for review by multiple parties
* Microsoft SharePoint
Payless ShoeSource is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce.
Payless ShoeSource is the largest specialty family footwear retailer in the Western Hemisphere, offering a wide range of shoes and accessory items at affordable prices for every member of the family. The company's mission is simple: Become the first choice for style and value in footwear and accessories for our customers. Payless has more than 4,400 stores in more than 30 countries and was founded in 1956 in Topeka, KS. where its global headquarters remains today.
Being located in Topeka, KS, facilitates easy travel to all parts of the country. And, Topeka enjoys close proximity to Kansas City and Lawrence, home of the University of Kansas, providing our Associates with multiple communities in which to reside.
Posted by StartWire
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task