This is professional, technical and consultative work as a Control Systems Manager in Training for the City of Topeka Water, Waste Water and Storm Water Operations. The position is responsible for assisting the Control System Manager with oversight of the design, development and maintenance of control systems necessary for automated plant operations. Control systems include wiring and interconnectivity components, IP networking, programmable logic controllers, microcontrollers, plant instrumentation, RF communication systems, power systems, server hardware, server software, database management systems, information analytics, security systems and operator endpoints. This position works under direct supervision with work reviewed at the completion of each job task and functions as a manager in training to develop the knowledge, skills and expertise necessary to qualify and function as a technical resource for the management of plant control systems and RF communication systems within the City of Topeka.
Minimum qualifications: Associate of Applied Science Degree in industrial engineering technology, electronic engineering technology, computer engineering technology or completion of an electrical apprenticeship program with an emphasis in industrial control systems. Must be able to pass Kansas Bureau of Investigation background check.
* Hands on experience with reviewing and understanding technical documentation, electrical prints, schematics and diagrams necessary to properly install, test and troubleshoot electronic and computer components.
* Hands on experience with troubleshooting electronic and computer components to the circuit board level using various test equipment to include multi-meters, oscilloscopes and automated test platforms.
* Hands on experience with testing and maintaining internal electrical distribution systems and AC/DC power sources/systems.
* Hands on experience with assembling, wiring, configuring, installing, testing and troubleshooting electrical/computer components and systems to include motor control centers, starters, limit switches, valve actuators, variable frequency drives, computer controllers, programmable logic controllers, network I/O systems.
* Hands on experience with assembling, wiring, configuring, installing, testing and troubleshooting electrical component and computer component network communication systems to include serial, Modbus, and TCP/IP network communication systems.
* Hands on experience with assembling, configuring, installing, testing and troubleshooting RF and fiber optic communication systems.
* Hands on experience with installing, configuring, testing and troubleshooting personal computer systems and application software.
Annual entry salary: $62,620 - $70,443 DOQ.
Posted by StartWire
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task