Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
The role of the Director of performance engineering is to ensure the stability, integrity and performance of the IT systems that support core functions. This role establishes, manages and coordinates organization-wide efforts to ensure that systems performance management and quality improvement programs are developed and managed using a data-driven focus that sets priorities for improvements aligned to ongoing strategic imperatives. Develops and communicates the strategic vision, scope and mission of the Performance Office within the enterprise quality function. Also, assures that organization-wide initiatives are focused and aligned on improving operational and system efficiencies and effectiveness; participates in organizational strategic planning and provides leadership for performance quality development; provides leadership and coordination for improving the organization's core systems performance quality and evaluating the impact that systems improvements have on the enterprise solutions; and provide leadership to develop training programs focused on enabling the workforce to achieve identified improvements with priority application health concerns.
1. Builds, directs, manages, and ensures implementation and effectiveness of the enterprise quality department's Performance Management and Improvement Objectives via the establishment of a performance lab that will provide highly optimized environment for performing systemic forms of performance testing on a per release and/or demand basis.
2. Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems from a security standpoint. Implements a performance management and improvement process that leads to a positive and measurable impact on the enterprise systems. Establishes a plan to increase the performance management and quality improvement capacity of the organization in order to ensure that enterprise quality goals are effectively and efficiently met.
3. Collaborates on the design of the information technology infrastructure required to support an enterprise wide performance management environment.
4. Interact and negotiate with vendors and contractors to secure systems performance quality related products and services
5. Facilitate alignment with enterprise risk and compliance standards by leading regular compliance assessments of security controls and document any gaps. Assist with coordinating the remediation of control deficiencies resulting from security risk assessments. Document risks introduced by a new or existing project or product.
6. Monitor, identify and respond to performance outages by facilitating root cause analysis and implementing fixes. Coordinate with team members and outside vendors to resolve incidents in a timely manner
7. Leads organization-wide performance and quality training programs for all levels of management and employees.
8. Develops and manages the budget for the Performance Management and Quality Improvement Department through sound fiscal measures.
9. Supervises and mentors subordinate managers including the hiring process, training, work assignments, performance evaluations, development of career goals, and disciplinary action.
10. Other duties and projects as assigned.
* Understanding of information technology performance and infrastructure frameworks, as well as performance quality engineering best practices
* Prior experience in monitoring security systems and reviewing logs for vulnerabilities
* Experience in systemic forms of performance testing such as - Load, Stress, Soak, Spike, Configuration, and Isolation testing
* Familiarity with selecting and configuring tools to monitor, detect and respond to IT performance vulnerabilities such as HP Performance Center
* Strong experience with commercial and open source code profiling tools (AppDynamics, Introscope, DynaTrace, JProfiler, JProbe etc.)
* Experience working in an Agile and/or DevOps development environment
* Experience with cloud-based performance testing and related environments -Preferred
* Experience in application architecture and design techniques and familiarity with data modeling and relational database techniques - Preferred
* Demonstrate a technical aptitude to do a deep-dive into problem areas and contribute to redesigns that are faster, cleaner, and require less maintenance - Preferred
* Ideal candidate would have been a CTO/CIO or Chief architect of an infrastructure outsourcing organization or have run a performance engineering organization at enterprise scale
* Bachelor's Degree in computer science, information systems, or related field is required; 15+ yrs related experience
Job Opening ID
To apply to this position, follow the \"apply now\" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Posted by StartWire