In addition to its two Seminole Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos, the Seminole Tribe owns and operates the five Seminole Casinos in Coconut Creek and Hollywood, on the Southeast coast in Immokalee near Naples, on the Brighton Reservation north of Lake Okeechobee, and on the Big Cypress Reservation south of Lake Okeechobee.
The Seminole Tribe has long been recognized for innovation in its gaming and other businesses. It opened the first high-stakes bingo hall and casino in the United States in 1979. That facility was the forerunner of the Indian Gaming movement throughout North America.
Analysts believe today's Seminole Tribe operates one of the most profitable gaming enterprises in the world. In March 2007, the Seminole Tribe of Florida acquired Hard Rock International, the first transaction of its kind by an Indian tribe. Hard Rock International is one of the most globally recognized music, entertainment, leisure and dining brands. It includes the world's largest collection of authentic music memorabilia. The deal also includes licensing or franchise agreements for additional restaurants, hotels and Hard Rock Live performance venues.
SQL Developer specializes in collecting, organizing, and analyzing data to provide key insights to the business. This position is responsible for developing process and ETL for ongoing analysis of gaming and non-gaming information, obtained from a variety of sources.
The position involves some level of analysis and presentation skill and requires proficiency with analytical tools, knowledge of data analysis methodologies, use of reporting and presentation software, and strong communication skills.
These initiatives will be done in accordance with department policies, procedures, and standards to support information systems development and maintenance.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
* Must adhere to the Seminole Tribe's Policies and Procedures
* Be able to write complex queries to perform data analysis to ensure the accuracy and integrity of data
* Identify problematic areas and conduct research to determine the best course of action to correct the data
* Troubleshoot and research data anomalies and recommend corrective actions
* Monitor for timely and accurate completion of data processes and scheduled jobs and troubleshoot as necessary
* Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
* In collaboration with business owners, interpret data and develop recommendations based on findings
* Develop graphs, reports, and presentations of project results
* Collaborate with the database and infrastructure teams
* Perform basic statistical analyses for projects and reports
* Create and present quality dashboards
* Generate routine and ad-hoc reports
* Provides timely and accurate progress information to project status reports
* Provides technical assistance to other developers and business analysts when needed
* Works on multiple high priority projects concurrently
* Employs productivity aids in all aspects of assignments
* Maintains and enhances technical skills through formal and on-the-job training
* Responds to and assists with other problem tickets as required
* Performs other duties as assigned
Bachelors or Associate degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related fields preferred or equivalent experience. Casino gaming background or experience preferred but not required. 3-5 years related experience as SQL Developer or similar position.
* Experience with the T-SQL scripting/programming language, including the ability to develop, test, and debug ad-hoc queries, stored procedures, and data migration scripts.
* Experience with Microsoft Reporting and BI Tools (SSIS, SSRS, Tableau, etc.).
* Knowledge of standard data modeling patterns and practices, e.g. Relational and Dimensional models.
* Solid understanding of ETL strategies and design, (staging environments, data transformation, change data capture, slowly changing dimensions, etc.), with an eye towards delivering functional and useful solutions in a timely manner.
* Strong analysis, coding, testing, documenting and implementation experience in both a development and maintenance environment. Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
* Basic knowledge of statistics
* Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to deal with a diverse range of people, which includes the upper levels of corporate management
* Self sufficient, requiring limited supervision over job knowledge, expectations and successful project completion.
The Tribal Council gives preference in all of its employment practices to Native Americans. First preference in hiring, training, promoting and in all other aspects of employment is given to members of the Seminole Tribe who meet the job requirements. Second preference is given to members of other federally recognized Native American Tribes who meet the job requirements.
As part of Seminole Gaming's employment process, final candidates will be required to obtain gaming licensure by completing a background check with Seminole Gaming Compliance and Regulations, prior to an offer being extended. These background checks may include, but are not limited to:
* Credit Check
* Criminal Background Check
* Drug Screen
For a listing of all opportunities at Seminole Gaming, please go to www.gotoworkhappy.com.
Posted by StartWire
Associated topics: data administrator, data analytic, data center, data manager, database administrator, etl, erp, hbase, mongo database, teradata