Honeywell International is a $40 billion diversified Fortune 100 leader with more than 131,000 employees in 100 countries around the world. We invent and manufacture technologies that address some of the world's toughest challenges linked to global macro trends like energy efficiency, clean energy generation, safety and security, globalization and customer productivity
This position is to gather talent for future openings at Honeywell. It is not a posting for a position currently available.
Honeywell Aerospace is a leading global provider of integrated avionics, engines, systems and service
solutions for aircraft manufacturers, airlines, business and general aviation, military, space and airport
This Principal Systems Engineer will be responsible for requirement generation, test, and analysis of inertial
sensors (gyros and accelerometers) in inertial navigation and GPS systems. This individual will contribute
to and/or lead projects in various stages of development, working with teams of engineers and
interfacing with customers. The Systems Engineer will be a major contributor to technical proposals and
other documents and will need to have a working knowledge of Inertial Navigation Systems /GPS navigation as applied to
The selected individual will be responsible for meeting technical schedule and cost requirements for the
assigned projects as well as interfacing with both commercial and military customers in technical
program definition and execution.
The types of interfaces used include Global Positioning Systems (GPS), MIL-STD-1553, RS-422 and Ethernet. Proven hardware and software integration and testing experience along with strong technical communication and teaming skills are baseline for the assignment activities.
You Must Have:
* Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's degree in an Engineering or Science discipline.
* 10 years engineering experience with a minimum of 5 years directly applicable inertial Systems Engineering experience.
* Candidate must have, or be able to obtain, a Secret Clearance.
* Must be a US person (US citizen, US permanent resident or individual with protected status i.e. asylum/refugee) due to US export control laws and regulations
* BS Engineering, Electrical or Aerospace preferred, MS and/or PHD Engineering, Electrical or Aerospace science desired.
* Prior experience leading programs requiring DO-178 and DO-254 approvals.
* DoD experience a plus.
* Knowledge of Circuit Card Assembly development/test, MIL-STD-1553, RS-422, Ethernet, ARINC 429 Serial Data Bus experience is desired.
* 6-Sigma certification or the ability to obtain certification is desired.
* INS and/or GPS experience a plus.
* Must possess good technical writing skills.
* Must be able to lead and/or function as an individual contributor and as part of a team.
* Experience making significant technical contributions to a project a plus.
* Strong technical communication and teaming skills are highly desired.
* Job ID: 00348008
* Category: Engineering
* Location: Clearwater, FL USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Posted by StartWire
Associated topics: cloud architect, equipment, infrastructure, infrastructure architect, maintenance, network, principal systems engineer, server, system integrator, systems integration architect