We have a thriving group of application administrators and platform teams that are currently working to meet their monitoring needs through the use of Nagios and other tools. Our goal to help them be more effective in supporting their applications and anticipate their changing requirements as DevOps methods are expanded and technologies advance. You will communicate with developers, application administrators and our 24x7 Command Center staff on utilizing our monitoring tools and understanding their needs.
* Provide system level support of monitoring systems to ensure high availability, security and performance to includes upgrades, patches, capacity planning, documentation, disaster recovery, rotated on-call supporting all monitoring tools
* Consult with application owners and support teams in the creation of comprehensive monitoring plans
* Provide hands guidance and mentoring to support teams in configuring monitoring
* Provide advanced level support of monitoring system KPI use cases
* Assist end users of monitoring tools to gain understanding tool outputs and capabilities to support a positive user experience
* Assist with monitoring projects including tool assessments to meet changing monitoring requirements
* Automate and improve day-to-day maintenance and administrative practices
* Minimum of a B.S. in Computer Science, MIS or related degree and three (3) years of related experience preferably in systems or application administration or combination of education, training and experience.
* Experience in managing monitoring tools and systems in a large enterprise environment.
* Monitoring experience preferred (i.e., Nagios, Splunk, SCOM, Service Now, MS PowerShell).
* Experience with application performance monitoring and assessment (i.e., Blue Stripe, Dynatrace, Alertsite etc.).
* Automation and Scripting (Tools like MS Orchestrator, Leveraging PowerShell or other scripting)
* Event Management and Integrations (Tools like CA Service Operation Insight and Service Now, leveraging REST)
* Experience creating dashboards and relevant visualizations.
* Experience working with Linux and Windows for systems administration including monitoring and troubleshooting.
* Experience with LAN infrastructure connectivity concepts and troubleshooting.
* Understanding of standard protocols/technologies such as DNS/WINS, TCP/IP, FTP, SSH, RDP, Active Directory, HTTP/S, IIS, JBoss, F5, etc.
* Experience working with Databases (MS SQL Server, etc.) with understanding of structure and theory.
* Analysis: Identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions.
* Communication: Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message
* Exercising Judgment and Decision Making: Use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; recommend or take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
Building Effective Relationships: Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
Client Focus: Make internal and external clients and their needs a primary focus of actions; develop and sustain productive client relationships.
* Technical and Professional Knowledge: Demonstrate a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; remains current with developments and trends in areas of expertise.
* None Required.
Posted by StartWire
Associated topics: equipment, http, operating system, router, sccm, scom, server, system administrator, tcp, tcp ip