Summary of Position:
The System Administrator's role is to manage and tune in-house computer software systems and network connections to ensure high levels of availability and security of the supported business applications. This individual also participates in the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure system provisioning and maintenance that is consistent with company goals, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements.The System Administrator II will provide Tier 2 support for the desktop engineering team as well as maintain responsibility for endpoint security. In doing so, the System Administrator II will be subject to monthly security reviews and audits.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
* Participate in and support capacity planning and the development of long-term strategic goals for systems and software in conjunction with end-users and department managers.
* Coordinate with network engineering, business application, and database administration functions to implement desktop and server systems that utilize industry best practices to meet corporate objectives.
* Deploy workstations, servers, printers, scanners, firewalls, encryption systems, and all host security systems.
* Manage all operating systems and end-user software.
* Manage communications ([e-mail, IM, ]) and connection solutions, including workstation connectivity, local area networks, company Web site, intranet, and Internet applications.
* Ensure the integrity and security of enterprise data on host computers, multiple databases, and during data transfer in accordance to business needs and industry best-practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
* Manage input/output fleet, including printers and scanners.
* Manage end user accounts, permissions, access rights, and storage allocations in accordance with best-practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
* Perform network and security audits.
* Perform and test routine system backups and restores.
* Anticipate, mitigate, identify, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware and software problems on servers, input/output fleet, and workstations. Escalate incidents as necessary.
* Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
* Support application development teams throughout project lifecycles.
* Analyze system, server, application, network, and input/output device performance.
* Recommend, schedule, and perform software and hardware improvements, upgrades, patches, reconfigurations, and/or purchases.
* Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of systems software procurement and development efforts.
* Create required reports in response to business user needs.
* Participate in negotiations with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure software products and services.
* Develop, document, and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for system administration and appropriate use.
* Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team.
Education and Experience Requirements:
* Bachelor's degree in the field of computer science preferred and/or  years equivalent work experience.
* MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure certification
* MCSA: Windows 8 certification
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the Auditor to have the ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary.
* Working technical knowledge of network, PC, and platform operating systems, including Windows Operating System Fundamentals.
* Working technical knowledge of current systems software, protocols, and standards, including [firewalls, Active Directory, Windows 7, Windows 8].
* Strong knowledge of local area network administration.
* Hands-on software and hardware troubleshooting experience.
* Experience with data management.
* Experience documenting and maintaining configuration and process information.
* Good understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
* Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
* Strong customer service orientation.
* Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
* Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
* Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.
* Adept at reading, writing, and interpreting technical documentation and procedure manuals.
* Ability to conduct research into hardware and software issues and products as required.
* Ability to present ideas and solutions in user-friendly language.
* Highly self motivated and directed.
* Keen attention to detail.
* Skilled at working within a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Posted by StartWire
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task