Career CategoryInformation SystemsJob Description
Amgen is seeking a Specialist Systems Administrator to function as a Specialist Information Systems (IS) Engineer Monitoring to join its Monitoring team and will be responsible for operational oversight supporting the enterprise monitoring environment while providing management analysis and recommendations regarding investments into new infrastructure and technologies to the business. The incumbent will serve as a Tools Subject Matter Expert for the Monitoring team and work with its members to deploy, maintain, and create dashboards and reports for various IS service teams. Conveying vision and flexibility, the Specialist IS Engineer will adjust technology tools to fit the various business and technical use cases impacting Amgen systems performance and availability management globally.
The Specialist IS Engineer will report to the Manager Information Systems based at Amgen's Capability Center in Tampa, FL. At Amgen, our mission is simple: to serve patients. Our new Tampa Capability Center provides essential services that enable us to better pursue this mission. This state-of-the-art center serves as a base for finance, information systems, and human resources professionals to make a meaningful impact at one of the world's leading biotechnology companies.
The Amgen Monitoring team works within Global Business Service Infrastructure Services organization that manages physical and virtual hosting including private and public cloud hosting options, operating systems, databases, middleware, storage, and backup.
Key Activities for a Specialist IS Engineer include:
* Supports the Service Owner, full time employees, and MSP in the development, delivery, and continuous improvement of the monitoring service
* Ensures service is aligned with the key principles of service ownership which includes: meeting the needs of the business, cost effectiveness, scalability, compliance, reliability, and resilience
* Supports NOC utilizing available monitoring tools to deploy business functionality and develop dashboards and provide end to end visibility of business applications
* Uses automation, builds and creates a library of standard procedures to train junior staff
* Translates business requirements into pro-active monitoring and incident prevention designs delivering plans and recommending hardware, systems management software and architecture
* Plans and designs integration of new tools into existing tools for notification and CMDB ticketing systems
* Coordinates with Service and System Owners end to end monitoring for Alerting and Dashboard
* Visualizations for both Executive and Operational viewing and aligns the strategy with business services requirements
* Performs health check evaluations of tools assigned to the subject matter expert and reports weekly, monthly quarterly to track the usage and end result impact that the tools have on the business
* Measures effectiveness and reduces frequency of outages and times to repair
Master's degree and 3 years of Information Systems and/or Monitoring Engineer experience
Bachelor's degree and 5 years of Information Systems and/or Monitoring Engineer experience
Associate's degree and 10 years of Information Systems and/or Monitoring Engineer experience
High school diploma/GED and 12 years of Information Systems and/or Monitoring Engineer experience
* Demonstrated experience with: Splunk, SCOM, CA Spectrum
* Demonstrated cloud platform monitoring experience (AWS/Azure/Rackspace etc.)
* Demonstrated knowledge of CMDB and Service Desk toolset integration with monitoring tools
* Demonstrated expertise in Windows/Linux/Unix/Cisco Monitoring tools
* Strong understanding of SNMP fundamentals
* Strong track record in metrics relative to decisions on alerting and prevention of incidents for systems monitored
* Demonstrated ability to maintain and measure availability, performance and capacity metrics for business applications, as well as standardize high availability and high performance for all monitoring tools and platforms
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
The invaluable contributions of our talented Tampa team will help us develop the vital and innovative medicines that treat serious illness and unmet medical needs around the globe
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Posted by StartWire
Associated topics: equipment, infrastructure, ip, maintain, maintenance, network, server, system specialist, system technician, technician