Career CategoryInformation SystemsJob Description
Amgen is seeking a Senior Associate Information Systems (IS) Programmer Analyst to join its Analytics and Knowledge Management (AKM) team and will be responsible for implementing search solutions in support of Amgen's search strategy.
The Sr Associate IS Programmer Analyst will report to the Sr Manager Information Systems based at Amgen's Capability Center in Tampa, FL. At Amgen, our mission is simple: to serve patients. Our new Tampa Capability Center provides essential services that enable us to better pursue this mission. This state-of-the-art center serves as a base for finance, information systems, and human resources professionals to make a meaningful impact at one of the world's leading biotechnology companies.
AKM services include Advanced Analytics and Data Integration, Big Data technology services, Information Discovery and Search, Information Architecture, Knowledge Management (KM) and Regulated Content Management. This role will be part of the Information Discovery and Search team.
Key Activities for the Sr Associate IS Prog Analyst:
* Design, develop, and maintain crawlers and document processing/enrichment pipelines that create search indexes using data from structured and unstructured data sources
* Collaborate with business partners and business analysts to translate business requirements into technical requirements
* Assist with estimating level of effort and hours required for each phase of a project
* Code and perform unit and integration testing of software to ensure proper and efficient execution and adherence to business and technical requirements
* Write technical documentation
* Continually improve/enhance search quality (relevance)
* Ensure projects and deliverables are completed on time and within budget
* Provide Run/DevOps support for search platforms and applications
* Research and evaluate technical solutions including various open source and proprietary search platforms, NoSQL databases, graph databases, and web based search user interface tools
* Prepare and maintain communication materials like roadmaps, position papers, presentations, demos and socialize the materials with our business clients and partner IS services
* Deliver results in an environment consisting of diverse global and matrixed partners; including non-dedicated resources
* Effectively manage relationships with internal business partners, service partners, and vendors
* Travel: International and Domestic travel up to 10% may be essential
Bachelor's degree and 2 years of Information Systems experience
Associate's degree and 6 years of Information Systems experience
High school diploma / GED and 8 years of Information Systems experience
* 2+ years of experience working on search platforms and web-application development
* Experience with Solr or Elasticsearch. Experience designing and developing large-scale Search Engine components. Solr Integration with web based front ends
* Java/JEE Development experience and Java Certifications
* Experience with Morphlines
* Experience with NoSQL databases (Hbase/MongoDB)
* Experience with GitHub, CVS, SVN (source code control systems)
* Experience with Hadoop and Map Reduce concepts
* Working knowledge of Relational Databases
* Experience with Agile methodologies and DevOps
* Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
* Strong analytical skills for effective problem solving
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
The invaluable contributions of our talented Tampa team will help us develop the vital and innovative medicines that treat serious illness and unmet medical needs around the globe.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Posted by StartWire
Associated topics: application architect, application developer, architect, java, lead, matlab, programming, senior, senior software developer, software engineer lead