The Systems Engineer II is responsible for overall support, operation, backup, and recovery of all Microsoft Windows based servers and server applications. The incumbent is also responsible for application Support as it relates to the Operating System.
* Responsible for overall administration and operation of all Linux or Windows servers.
* Ensures all Acosta Windows servers are backed up and recoverable.
* Installs and configures new Linux or Windows servers.
* Support and maintain Microsoft Active Directory Services.
* Provides third-level support for PC issues related to servers.
* Assists software developers with application troubleshooting related to server and/or network infrastructure.
* Assists Manager in determining needed hardware and software upgrades of servers and network infrastructure.
* Creates and maintains server administration documentation.
* Creates and maintains systems and disaster recovery documentation.
* Evaluates and tests new server and network infrastructure technologies.
* Assists Manager is developing and maintaining server and network operations standards and best practices.
* Responsible for maintaining and following change control processes.
* Help Implement new Systems to support business efforts.
* Performs other duties as assigned by Acosta Data Center Services Management.
* Minumum Education Requirements:
* High School Diploma / GED
* At Least One Technical Certifications MCSE, VCP, RHCE, CCNA, ITIL etc.
* 4 years overall IT experience (level 3 support or higher).
* Thorough knowledge of Microsoft server platforms and networking concepts including Active Directory 2003-2012R2, Exchange 2007-2013, Group Policy, DHCP, DNS, IIS 7-8.5, IAS, and VPN. Firm understanding of TCP/IP and VPN in a Cisco environment, including LAN/WAN platforms (VPN concentrators and wireless APs). Working knowledge of Citrix client-server platform and McAfee antivirus products. Experience with Symantec Netbackup, VMware ESX 5.0-6.0, SharePoint 2007-2013. Hardware troubleshooting skills on a variety of server and network hardware platforms (Dell, HP, Cisco, et. al.) RHEL or other Linux Distributions
Posted by StartWire
Associated topics: infrastructure, ip, maintain, maintenance, satcom, satellite, server, system engineer, system technician, technician