Cortland Partners is looking for a IT Support Specialist to join a team that delivers technical assistance in an office environment. The IT Support Specialist is required to deliver hands-on, desk-side support directly on team members' hardware including computers, smartphones, tablets, and printers.
The Role You'll Play
The IT Support Specialist is responsible for fielding requests for technical assistance, recording them in a ticketing system, and resolving technical issues in accordance with Service Level Agreements and departmental expectations. Job duties include, but are not limited to, installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading computer hardware and software to ensure optimal workstation performance; additional projects may be assigned. This person is expected to maintain technical competence through self-study, employer-provided training, and attending meetings that provide updated information about the current computing environment.
Your Building Blocks of Success
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Superb customer service and interpersonal skills
* Tact, discretion, and good judgment required for dealing with confidential information
* Critical thinking and problem solving
* Desire to learn new technologies
* Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
Required Knowledge and Experience
* Bachelor's or associate's degree; high school diploma or GED acceptable with equivalent work experience
* Proficiency in documenting systems, setups and procedures
* Proficiency in troubleshooting hardware and software
* In-depth knowledge of Windows 7, Windows 8, and Mac OSX operating systems, Office applications and the capability to install, configure, and troubleshoot each operating system
* Working knowledge of Active Directory
* Familiarity with mobile device hardware and software (iOS, Android, Windows Phone, etc.)
* Ability to troubleshoot problems with local and network printers and print queues
* Troubleshoot problems with server hardware and phone system as required.
* Collaborate effectively with team members to identify and work toward solutions
* Experience working as part of a project team a plus
* Working knowledge of Linux a plus
* A+, Network+, MCDST, Dell, Apple, and other related certifications are plusses
* Perform other duties and assist with special projects as assigned
At Cortland, we create, reimagine, and manage apartment communities for over 100,000 residents nationwide. Headquartered in Atlanta, GA, we have communities in ten states and regional offices in Charlotte, Dallas, Denver, Houston, and Orlando. From product design and procurement to general contracting and property management, we do it all to make sure our communities are the perfect setting for living life to its fullest.
Our success is fueled by our belief in a better life where hospitality is always a given, each detail is worth a second thought, and every open door is a new opportunity to go beyond expectations. We come to work every day to create possibilities for people possibilities that translate into superior living spaces and experiences designed to inspire our residents, associates, and investors to live a better life focused on what matters most to them.
Cortland Partners is an equal opportunity employer, and we're proud to support and celebrate diversity in the workplace. We are committed to equal consideration for all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you have a disability and need an accommodation or assistance with the application process and/or using our website, please email ...@cortlandpartners.com or call 404.###.####.
Cortland Partners is a drug-free workplace.
Cortland Partners participates in e-verify to verify the employment status of
all persons hired to work in the United States.
Posted by StartWire