General Duties and Responsibilities:
The individual in this Systems Administrator role will be responsible for providing infrastructure administration and support for our end users. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to, performing active systems and network monitoring, hardware and software installations, upgrades and maintenance, performing both remote and on-site desktop, mobile, and network administration, and assisting in the planning, development, implementation, and administration of future projects.
This is an intermediate-level professional role that requires moderate knowledge of the implemented technologies with a high level of general proficiency in the Information Technology workflow. As a potential candidate you will be expected to perform analysis and research to assist you in problem solving, work on a variety of complex projects of varying scale that require knowledge of interoperability between multiple environments, work well and cooperate as a team with other IT staff while still having latitude for independent judgement, coach junior technical staff, and occasionally take the lead on future projects.
General Knowledge and Skills
- Minimum 5 to 7 years--- experience as a systems administrator.
- Bachelor---s Degree, business related field preferred, or equivalent experience
- MCP/MCTS certification is highly desired
- Microsoft Administration --- Microsoft Server 2008 R2 through 2016 -- Active Directory, Hyper-V, DNS, DFS, Cluster Management, Remote Desktop Services, etc. -- Various server applications such as SQL Server 2014 and Exchange Server 2010 -- Azure experience is a plus.
- Network Administration implementation and configuration -- Firewalls, VPN---s, DHCP, wireless, QoS, etc. -- Familiarity with Sonicwall firewalls a plus.
- Strong knowledge implementing, maintaining, and utilizing various management and monitoring tools. -- Dell/EMC OpenManage Essentials -- Kaspersky Security Center 10 -- Solarwinds NPM / NTA / Web Help Desk -- Microsoft WSUS
- Experience providing end user support -- Microsoft Windows 7 through 10 -- Office 2007 through Office 365 -- Anti-Virus
- Familiarity with best practices and procedures for backups. -- Experience with StorageCraft a plus.
- Experience with VOIP configuration, implementation, and management a plus.
- Experience with AirWatch Mobile Device Management a plus.
- Experience with Sage 300 CRE a plus.
Associated topics: administrator, http, ip, operating system, sccm, scom, system administrator, system center configuration manager, system center operations manager, tcp ip