The Technical Architect-Informatics is a data expert with an analytic mindset who is creative, adaptable, and solution oriented. This position will support Healogics'advanced analytics efforts and works closely with all members of the analytics team.
The Technical Architect-Informatics will analyze enterprise, application, and third party data, assess needs, and present solutions and data through a variety of delivery methods. The Technical Architect will primarily work with large medical datasets, including structured and unstructured data. Advanced analytics process and tool evaluation/recommendation, thorough documentation of processes and analysis, and integration with other IT systems and resources is required.
The Technical Architect will attain a deep understanding of the data sources and perform substantive preparation of the data, i.e. identifying extreme values, building variables/measures, etc. The Technical Architect will reformat and combine data in multiple forms. The Technical Architect should have theability to work independently to sift through large amounts of data with efficiency to deliver relevant results.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Responsible for designing, developing, testing and troubleshooting queries that prepare data for statistical analysis
* Work with other Technical Architects to understand information requirements, create flexible and holistic designs, and develop/implement solutions.
* Translate analytic requirements into technical designs to map and load data from multiple disparate source systems.
* Research and evaluate alternative solutions and recommend the most effective approach.
* Perform advanced troubleshooting for defects.
* Provide technical guidance to informatics and advanced analytics team members
* Provide integration between point analytic and predictive solutions; with forward thinking architecture plan to integrate with the enterprise
* Adhere and/or contribute to organizational data governance strategy
* Design and develop information solutions for the advanced analytics and enterprise using a variety of tools including, but not limited to: SQL Server, Microsoft's Business Intelligence tools, python, data wrangling tools, etl and statistical analysis packages including R.
* Plan and execute end user presentation of information, including key business stakeholders and external researchers
* Participate in database and architectural design to support reporting needs.
* Produce technical documentation about the developed processes.
* Perform effective quality assurance.
* Develop and participate in the System Development Life Cycle.
* Other duties as assigned
* 5-7 years of database development experience.
* 5-7 years of hands on development experience using Microsoft SQL Server or equivalent (Oracle, UDB, Teradata, etc.). Experience or exposure to big data or nosql database architecture a plus.
* Strong experience with data analysis, data profiling, and data mapping.
* Familiarity with predictive modeling and analytics; specifically, as it applies to data needs and integration.
* Experience in OLAP development (Microsoft Analysis Services or equivalent).
* Deep experience in dimensional data warehouse development and design.
* Deep experience in operational data store development and design.
* Must be a self-starter and willing to take initiative and work independently
* Excellent skills in Microsoft Office products.
* Strong knowledge of Data Warehousing concepts such as dimensional modeling, star and snowflake schemas, Data mart and Fact, Dimension tables.
* Experience with various SDLC processes including agile
* Comfortable interacting and presenting to senior-level management
* Be self-driven with the desire to achieve measurable, specific results within tight time frames.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, able to work effectively with business users to understand and clarify requirements as well as educate and resolve end user reporting issues.
* Must have excellent analytical, conceptual, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to work under pressure to meet critical time lines.
* Demonstrated ability to work in cross-functional teams as well as in an independent setting.
* Demonstrated ability to quickly learn complex technologies.
* BA/BS, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science or related technical discipline.
Apply Online Send This Job to a Friend
* Solutions for Hospitals
* The Healogics Difference
* Why Specialty Care
* Contact Us
* Solutions for Physicians
* Where to Refer a Patient
* Become a Healogics Physician
* Types of Wounds
* Why Specialty Care
* Resources for Physicians
* Solutions for Patients
* Wound Care for You
* Resources for Patients
* Find a Wound Care Center
* Careers with Healogics
* We Are Healogics
* Jobs in Wound Care
Posted by StartWire
Associated topics: application architect, backend, back end, c, c/c++, design pattern, java, php, senior software engineer, software architect