Jacobs is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of full-spectrum technical, professional and construction services for industrial, commercial and government organizations globally. The company employs over 54,000 people and operates in more than 25 countries around the world.
Jacobs is seeking an Engineering technical lead to support our client, the Marine Corps Systems Command (MARCORSYSCOM), Program Manager Training Systems (PM TRASYS) in Orlando, FL. The candidate's duties include supporting the DoD System Engineering Process on active projects and supervising a team of Instructional System designers, System/Software engineers and Facility engineers in Orlando, FL. The team supports the acquisition of USMC training systems in the live, virtual and constructive (LVC) domains. Associated projects are in all phases of the acquisition process from development to disposal.
This person will independently plan, schedule, conduct, or coordinate detailed phases of DoD system engineering work through the selection and adaptation or modification of techniques, procedures, and criteria. This person will thoroughly review all results from assigned tasks determining if results are complete, correct, integrated with project objectives, and adequately documented. This position requires a firm understanding of training acquisition programs, life cycle support planning, configuration management processes, and sustainable engineering practices which lead to reduced program costs.
Position Responsibilities Include:
* Supervising a multi-disciplined team of technical personnel (Instructional System Designers, System/Software Engineers and Facility engineers).
* Working in an Integrated Product Team (IPT) environment and effectively communicating with co-workers and customer personnel.
* Drafting, reviewing, and/ or revising technical documents related to acquisition (i.e. Statement of Work, Project Work Statements, and Specifications).
* Drafting, reviewing, and/or revising documents related to engineering (i.e. Safety documents such as Programmatic Environmental, Safety, and Health Evaluation (PESHE), Systems Engineering Plans (SEP), Technical Review Action Plans, Cyber Security documentation, Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM), System and Software Architecture products, and facility layouts and design used for construction.
* Planning, developing and reviewing test processes and procedures for evaluating and demonstrating new and emerging capabilities and interfaces.
* Supporting onsite testing events and exercises at remote CONUS&OCONUS sites.
* Overseeing the design, technical documentation and implementation of training systems.
* Lending support guidance and technical input at IPT meetings, Technical Interchange Meetings (TIM), Prime Item Development Specification (PIDS), Systems Requirements Reviews (SRS), Preliminary Design Review (PDR), Critical Design Reviews (CDR), Test Readiness Reviews (TRR), Government Preliminary Inspections (GPI) and Government Final Inspections (GFI).
* Reviewing and providing comments on formal project Contract Deliverable Requirements List (CDRL) artifacts.
* Other engineering and supervisory duties as assigned.
* Requires a BS degree from an accredited engineering school plus ten (10) or more years of progressive and relevant engineering experience. Additional related military or industry experience may substitute for education.
* Experience supervising multi-disciplined technical personnel is required.
* Ability to work with others to understand requirements, to collaborate on development, and receive user feedback is required.
* Experience with military training systems is highly desirable.
* Must be competent in the MS Office software suite (Outlook, Word, Power Point, and Excel) with SharePoint experience.
* Good oral and written communication skills are required.
* Must be self-motivated, able to work independently and have strong interpersonal skills.
* Excellent organizational skills are required.
* Occasional travel is required.
* Must be able to provide proof of US Citizenship.
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance.
* A current Secret Security Clearance is desired.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require filing, typing, and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, included but not limited to: bending, reaching, turning and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work, walking moderate to long distances may be required.
An inside and outside environment (considerations: closed quarters, close together, lighting). Needs to be able to work well with co-workers and all levels of management. No hazards on job or unusual environmental conditions.
Equipment and Machines
Ability to operate office equipment such as a personal computer, printer, copy machine, telephone, fax machine and other equipment including desk supplies and other work related tools as required.
Work hours are normally 8 hours per day and 5 days per week, Monday-Friday. Regular attendance of scheduled hours is extremely important. Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines. Must exhibit flexibility of work hours to adjust to surge situations based on critical mission requirements.
Other Essential Functions
Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management and co-workers. Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to employees or others. Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner. Independent personal transportation to office or work site is required. Travel to and from customer's locations and the test fields may be required to support projects. This may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can possibly be made for POV, if necessary. When operating any vehicle for work purposes, must wear seat belt and in addition, no cellular devices are to be used when vehicle is in motion.
The Jacobs System Lifecycle Group (SLG) enables the success of Department of Defense (DOD) and other Governmental organizations by providing unmatched systems life-cycle solutions. As a partner to our clients, we focus on innovative and cutting edge solutions that drive value. We take pride in sustaining a strong culture by remaining true to our Core Values: Profitable Growth is an Imperative, People are the heart of our business, Clients are our valued partners, and Performance excellence is our commitment. Jacobs offers a partnership in which you can grow personally and professionally with the advantages of strong leadership, competitive compensation and rewarding career paths. Come join the team whose work is destined to have a long-range effect on future generations.
Posted by StartWire
Associated topics: application architect, c#, design, design pattern, develop, devops, senior, senior software developer, senior software engineer, software engineer lead