Company:Carnival Cruise Line
Area of Interest:Information Technology
Job Title:Senior Mobile/Web Developer
A Sr. Mobile/ Web Developer is responsible for translating business requirements into specific systems, applications or process designs for large, complex, and leading edge web solutions. The individual is responsible for design, development, deployment, maintenance, and in some cases support of multi-tiered web applications. The position requires the ability to author clear and concise documentation and possess solid presentation and communication skills. Individual must work effectively in a team based environment.
* Maintain a core understanding of the software development lifecycle and of Quality Assurance techniques using source code control repositories, debugging and testing experience.
* Keep up to date with advances in software development methodologies and technologies, with a particular focus on full stack web frameworks.
* Communicate effectively and persuasively with management and peers.
* Bachelor's degree in a computer-related field or the equivalent related technical work experience.
* Minimum of 5 to 7 years'experience in coding distributed Internet/eCommerce applications that support high traffic websites. Background working within a standard Waterfall and Agile development methodology and programming of complex database-backed web sites is vital.
* The applicant must hold a working knowledge of technologically appropriate tool sets and relevant operating systems.
* Highly effective oral and written communication, the ability to work in a team environment, accepting guidance, and following directions are paramount to the success of this role.
Benefits as a member of Carnival's Team:
* A comprehensive healthcare program, dental coverage and flexible spending accounts.
* Company-paid term life insurance and long term disability coverage, employee-paid optional life insurance and other voluntary insurance programs.
* A 401(k) plan that includes up to a 3% company match after one year of service and a discretionary-profit sharing contribution in your second year of eligible employment
* Tuition Reimbursement that provides up to 75% reimbursement for company related professional career development.
* Employee Stock Purchase plan that provides up to a 15% discount off the Fair Market Value of Carnival Corporation Common Stock Paid vacation and sick time.
* Two complimentary\"Fun Ship\"cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors.
* An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program that provides developmentally appropriate educational programming for families of children ages 6 weeks through 5 years of age and up to 12 years of age during school holidays and summer vacation in addition to drop-in care for those unexpected childcare conflicts.
* An on-site Health and Wellness Center that provides a full range of activities including weight training machines, free weights, cardiovascular equipment, an aerobic center, massage therapy, certified personal trainers and a wide variety of other programs
* Two complimentary\"Fun Ship\"cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors
About Carnival Cruise Line
Carnival Cruise Line is the most popular cruise brand in North America and operates 25 ships designed to foster exceptionally fun and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. Carnival Cruise Line is the leading provider of year-round Caribbean cruises and also operates seasonal cruises in Europe, Alaska, New England, Canada, Bermuda, Hawaii, Mexican Riviera and the Panama Canal. The brand caters to a wide consumer demographic, appealing to families, couples, singles and seniors alike. One common denominator among Carnival's guests is the desire for a truly fun, memorable and enjoyable vacation experience.
Carnival Corporation&plc and Carnival Cruise Line is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. In this regard, it does not discriminate against any qualified individual on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, mental, physical or sensory disability, or any other classification protected by local, state, federal, and/or international law.
Job ID 5418068
Posted by StartWire
Associated topics: ajax, asp.net, css, css2, ecmascript, emberjs, front end, js, json, html