Chronos Consulting is part of the Coberon Chronos Group, an award winning global leader in permanent and temporary staffing, RPO and business process automation solutions for global multinationals. The Group owns and operates 41 offices worldwide.
Chronos Consulting s client is a B2B Powertrain Testing Services that provides a wide range of cutting-edge services to support for vehicle engine performance testing. This newly created role in the organization and key leadership position. You will be responsible for managing and coordinating resources and processes to deliver solutions/releases for the software. The objective will be to define the vision and strategy for the development team, by driving project initiatives and deliverables.
Reporting to the Vice President, Powertrain Solutions, you will:
- Lead software developers and engineers to plan and execute projects.
- Develop the existing legacy software system applications and architecture in various areas, and develop a software plan to support the client s needs.
- Serve as a technical lead in all customer meetings, and demonstrate leadership abilities to clients with the deployment of software enhancements and serve as project lead to track and report the status of ongoing and future projects.
- Oversee team development, coaching, mentoring, training and recruiting.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field coupled with 8+ years of management experience in a software development organization, and 2+ years working through the design, development, and release cycle delivering software to market.
- Experience in legacy development languages, and computer programming languages using Java, C++, or C#.
- Deliver software using industry accepted frameworks such as .Net, J2EE, Linux or other application frameworks, and knowledge of SQL programming, with PL/SQL programming is desired.
- Large/ enterprise application development experience and delivering software development services, and/ or related software experience with a large Government project strongly preferred
- Seasoned leader in project, team, and time management coupled with problem solving skills.
- Ability to excel in idea generation, evaluation, and prioritization, customer and partner engagement, project management, cross-functional technical program management.
- Strong understanding of the software development cycle, and of various software development methodologies such as; Continuous Integration, Rapid Application Development, Waterfall methods.
- Deliver software both for the desktop (GUI) as well as system (Server), communications (Network programming) environments and solving complex and large-scale software problems.
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task