Polycom helps organizations unleash the power of human collaboration. More than 400,000 companies and institutions worldwide defy distance with secure video, voice and content solutions from Polycom to increase productivity, speed time to market, provide better customer service, expand education and save lives.
Polycom and its global partner ecosystem provide flexible collaboration solutions for any environment that deliver the best user experience, the broadest multi-vendor interoperability and unmatched investment protection.
Visit www. polycom. com or connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn to learn more.
System Operations Engineer Polycom Cloud & Managed Services
As a member of the Polycom Cloud & Managed Services team, you will join a high performing team, with highly motivated individuals committed to providing world-class managed services for Polycom end-points and infrastructure.
- Installs, configures, and maintains Polycom Remote Monitoring & Management (RM&M) devices and software.
- Develops software installation and maintenance procedures and performs software upgrades.
- Manages all system back-ups and restore protocols.
- Monitors system performance and implements performance tuning.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance measures.
- Implements, maintains, and monitors security policy protocols.
- Provides Tier 3 remote escalation support for RM&M infrastructure and systems.
- Exhibits excellent trouble shooting skills. Able to identify and eliminate root cause of recurring issues.
- Participates in new projects and initiatives with an eye on continuous improvement of the service delivery process. Actively provides solutions and optimizes around cost.
- Implements solution designs that meet requirements for disaster recovery and business continuity.
- Develops and implements scripts to streamline processes and activities.
- Develops and maintains documentation for infrastructure installation, maintenance, and operation. Provides training to the Managed Services team as needed.
- Identifies support requirements for new components.
- Follows established Change Management, Software Release, and other operational processes.
- Interfaces with customer as needed (upper management) to design, deploy, and maintain RM&M services.
- Strong Customer Service Skills
- Participate in critical recovery efforts
Position may require after-hours and weekend work
- Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 + years relevant experience and proven track record.
- Technical expertise: VMware (vSphere, vCenter, HA clusters with SAN or NFS based storage), Skype for Business, Windows Admin with emphasis on Active Directory and Group Policy, RedHat Admin, H323 and SIP video/telephony protocols, PERL/Python (or other structured programming language), SIEM, and Bacula.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Excellent verbal and technical writing skills.
- RHCSA, VCA, VCP, CCENT, CCNA, Network+JNCIA, JNCIS, MCSA, MCSE, Wireshark, Security+, ITIL Foundation
Other Technical Knowledge & Capabilities Preferred
- IBM Netcool and Icinga monitoring platforms.
- Experience with Polycom voice and video endpoints/devices (VVX, CX, Trio, and Group Series) and core infrastructure (RPAD, DMA, RMX, RPCS, RealConnect, RP One and Resource Manager), or 3rd party products (Cisco).
- Network Essentials (DNS, IP addressing, routers, firewalls, switches, circuits, usage, data centers, etc.).
- Microsoft Azure
- Skype for Business Administration and Deployment Experience
- Symantec End-Point Protection Manager
- Password Manager Pro
- ISO 27001
ITIL v3 certification
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task