Manager, Global Engineering Infrastructure
As Manager of Engineering Infrastructure, you will have responsibility for driving, shaping, and developing the engineering infrastructure of Allegion company's global engineering organization. You will lead the evolution of our engineering design tools and systems, drive engineering and enterprise process improvements, and promote cross-functional and cross-organizational collaboration. You will use broad technical vision and influencing skills to drive continuous improvement of our engineering design methodologies, to develop and implement improved change management and change control processes, and to define effective interfaces between engineering systems and the manufacturing and customer-facing data systems. You will conceptualize, develop and evaluate engineering and enterprise business processes and tools to improve the development speed and quality of our mechanical and electronic products worldwide. Your strong influencing skills will lead to the adoption of these tools worldwide and will result in faster time-to-market, increased design capabilities, more robust change management, and seamless data flow between design systems and our manufacturing and configurator systems.
* Shape the vision & define Allegion's global engineering business processes, systems and infrastructure
* Create, build and continuously improve leading-edge business processes and tool architectures for Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and functional design flows across Systems, Mechanical, Electrical, Firmware and Software disciplines within engineering as well as enterprise applications and systems
* Lead the functional definition, architecture and requirements of PLM processes such as PLM system taxonomy, part/BOM (Bill of Material) management, product structuring/ configuration, integrated change management, CAD and document management, requirements management
* Refine and manage the capabilities roadmap to govern tool adoption, deployment, usage, support and continuous improvement Worldwide.
* Drive technical excellence and execution within the enterprise and engineering organization by identifying, planning, and leading the development of effective change control systems and interfaces to cross-functional systems.
* Lead infrastructure capability development and set the direction for the organization's technology and product development systems.
* Collaborate with Information Technology to ensure effective implementation and execution of these systems.
* Build strong networks & cross discipline collaborations across the global product platforms and regions.
* Develop a strong network both within Allegion and externally with suppliers.
* Partner with the regional engineering leadership to coach our leading technical talent globally.
* BS in a technical discipline with at least 8 years of product development experience.
* Experience in or significant exposure to multiple engineering disciplines, product life cycle management processes and procedures in Systems, Mechanical, Electrical, Firmware or Software engineering
* In-depth knowledge of Product Lifecycle Management, engineering design tools and experience in change controls
* Experience with electrical and mechanical parts, part classification, BOMs, Options & Variants, and Change Management
* Experience in Data Migration from legacy systems.
* Significant experience in gaining alignment and consensus of within engineering and across organizations to improve engineering and enterprise processes and systems.
* Ability to work independently; Significant experience in leading, influencing and coaching indirect teams and individuals to get project completed.
* Good Analytical skill, Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
* Ability to document use cases, requirements and relevant technical documentation.
* Clear evidence of innovation and creativity; Experience in driving ideas from concept to implementation.
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Ability to travel globally (20% travel)
Allegion is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. If for any reason you cannot apply through the career site, please click here for special accommodation.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
A(C) Allegion plc, 2014 | Block D, Iveagh Court, Harcourt Road, Dublin 2, Co. Dublin, Ireland
REGISTERED IN IRELAND WITH LIMITED LIABILITY REGISTERED NUMBER 527370
Posted by StartWire
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task