Security Benefit (SB), a leader in the retirement saving and income solutions market, seeks a Project/Program Manager within the PMO Organization. Security Benefit fosters strong partnerships to provide insightful and customized retirement solutions for employers and individual investors nationwide. Through a broad advisor network and its nationally recognized money managers, Security Benefit provides annuities and retirement programs. As an industry leader in service technology, our affiliates offer business processing and broker/dealer solutions tailored to the retail retirement marketplace.
The Security Benefit PMO provides coordination and oversight of major and minor projects. These projects include but are not limited to product development activities, system changes to support process changes, data projects, regulatory projects, web initiatives and other projects. All disciplines of traditional Project Management are required including resource planning, deliverable planning, activity execution, risk mitigation, management presentations and financial oversight.
This role will be involved in coordinating project intake, project prioritization and project reporting for the organization. In addition, this role will work with a heavily outsourced delivery organization so effective vendor management and relationship skills are required in this role.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Project Planning: Development & Oversight
* Develop, maintain and report against a Project Plan
* Determine reasonable timeframes and interdependencies
* Effectively use the Project Plan as a communication and implementation device
* Balance tight scope management with delivery of business value
* Demonstrate ability to factually and quantatively drive decisions on scope management
* Ensure commitment on scope and then ability to maintain scope after initial consensus is reached
* Identify needed skill set and help procure needed resources (whether through internal teams or in support of external procurement processes with interviews and other vendor management processes)
* Demonstrate ability to manage dedicated or resources or resources who may be part time on a project
* Manage output and determine if there is a performance issue
* Estimate costs for various activities as well as overall cost estimates
* Frequent reporting on costs and projections. Immediately raise any concerns through effective forecasting (as opposed to after the fact)
* Regularly update all stakeholders at appropriate level (whether project team members, direct stakeholders or executive management)
* Identify, analyze and respond to project risks
* Propose solutions to any identified risk
Other Activities as assigned
* Support management on any other tasks as assigned in support of specific delivery activities or larger PMO efforts and initiatives.
Consider joining our progressive team in our nationally recognized company. Visit the career section of our website at to complete the online application and submit your resume.
Requirements College degree in Business, Computer Science or related degree required with a minimum of 5 years of project management experience
* Annuity experience strongly preferred. Insurance or other financial service background will be considered
* Ability to assign/coordinate/prioritize tasks and projects with strong multi-tasking skills
* Someone who possesses business acumen with an ability to suggest solutions to problems. Curiosity to help foresee risks and future problems is of great value.
* Strong leadership, solutioning and facilitation sk
Posted by StartWire
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task