This is a great opportunity to help enable DevOps practices and Agile development processes shared by multiple application development groups. The Software Configuration Management (SCM) team at KAR works daily with developers and release managers throughout the organization. Our team constantly improves software build processes, increases code quality, and collaborates with deployment teams to promote and improve automated releases. We work within a modern model of shared responsibility, open communication, and mutual values, with all team members ensuring proper focus on key initiatives.
The DevOps Manager will lead the SCM team and collaborate with our IT Business partners to constantly improve software delivery process that emphasizes communication and collaboration across various lines of business. Additionally, the DevOps Manager will ensure that the team provides services to application development teams that help KAR deliver software releases at a frequency and level of quality and security standards that meet business needs.
ITSS DevOps Manager Job Duties:
* Oversee the daily operations of the department.
* Work with IT and Business operations to promote and educate on service capabilities.
* Accomplish information technology staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and taking corrective actions; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
* Maintain staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe and secure work environment; developing personal growth opportunities.
* Maintain organization's effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies.
* Direct technological research by studying organization goals, strategies, practices, and user projects.
* Complete projects by coordinating resources and timetables with user departments and data center.
* Recommend information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
* Accomplish financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action.
* Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
* Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
* Practice and promote teamwork at all times. Make sure all area conditions do not threaten employee safety. Respond to and follow proper procedures on employee accidents, injuries, and loss or damage to any property. Report all incidents immediately. Practice and instruct all employees in proper loss prevention and reaction procedures.
Educational Requirements and Qualifications:
* Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent related experience required.
* 7+ years of related IT experience required.
* 3+ years of IT Management experience require.
* Must have proven experience building highly effective teams.
* Certifications in related field are strongly desired.
* VSTS experience highly desired.
Posted by StartWire
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task