McDonald's is taking our business beyond the walls of restaurants - revolutionizing how we interface with our customers. We are providing customers with enticing mobile, web, and kiosk solutions on the scale of industry leading retailers like Amazon and eBay. Technology is critical to our digital strategy a top priority for McDonald's. The PMO team is looking for a skilled senior project manager to play a critical leadership role in bringing the McDonald's digital vision to life. This role reports to the PMO Director of Planning, Strategy and Cost.
This role reports to the PMO Director of Planning, Strategy and Cost.
This position will work closely with the IT Development architecture and capabilities teams to own and maintain the\"Total Cost to Own\"model for the eCommerce platform and related cost models such as Delivery and CRM. They will provide financial management support in moderately complex decision analyses including product cost analysis and funding models. They will work with IT architects and product teams to look across Products and Geographies to ensure a detailed understanding of the technology stack required for the eCommerce solution as well as the costs involved. Scope of technology stack includes not only the technology that makes up the elements of the cost model but also an understanding of how it scales. They will also partner with the IT finance team and work closely with Corporate Controller Group.
In this high impact role you will be responsible for building and maintaining a holistic IT Digital Cost Model. The role is ideal for a self-driven leader and change agent who has significant experience in project management, communication and a strong financial acumen. Responsibilities include:
eCommerce Cost Models: Global Mobile Application (GMA) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
* Owns the\"Total Cost to Own\"model for the eCommerce platform and support the evolution of the cost model for new capabilities such as Delivery and CRM.
* Develop a detailed understanding of the technology that makes up the elements of the cost model and the variables which correlate to changes in the cost of the technology components such as scale and usage.
* Understanding of the overall technology stack for eCommerce solution along with the understanding of how: it scales, how the licenses and compute platform scale, where the pricing breakpoints are and how this all connects to the legal agreements with our suppliers.
* Partners with Directors/Sr. Directors that provide elements into the eCommerce platform to ensure the model is appropriately representing what it takes to deliver the business capabilities to the markets.
* Partners with IT architects to both design and measure into the solution the optimal cost approach as well as incorporate design improvements to reduce overall cost to the System.
* Assesses, with the product teams, when new capabilities are added that will require more compute/cost to provide and bring appropriate pricing updates to the customers.
* Partners with the IT Finance Team on creation, governance, communications and collection of the annual Digital Pricing fee for each market.
* Support migration to transaction-based cost allocation approach.
Financial Consulting / Analysis
* Provides financial and business consulting to markets regarding the digital costs to be included in Project Charters for Digital market deployment initiatives.
* Partners with IT Finance to develop technology pricing models for solutions comprised of multiple products to maximize value to the global McDonald's system.
* Prepares moderately complex, ad hoc analyses and evaluates financial information in support of departmental efforts.
* Liaison to the Corporate Controller Group regarding financial issues as well as accounting policies and procedures.
* Liaison to the IT Sourcing and Procurement Group regarding global procurement and supplier management processes.
* Partners with IT Finance in a monthly review of actual spend, performing financial modeling and analysis to compare the actual results to targeted expectations, in addition to a quarterly review with senior IT Leadership on how the costs and revenues are trending.
* Create and manage the process that provides Market update on a quarterly basis on how they are trending their actual deployment with planned deployment for purposes of the annual market chargeback fees.
* Fosters and manages relationships across all IT Development departments to develop and maintain the\"Total Cost to Own\"model.
* Fosters and manages relationships with IT Finance team to align on pricing models and annual market chargeback fees in a way that is understandable by a market and operator.
* Fosters and manages relationships with IT management at all levels to maintain open communications and partnership regarding Digital costs/pricing guidance.
* May assist in recruiting and interviewing individuals based on team goals and objectives.
* Gains broad agreement from stakeholders when viewpoints may vary.
* Manages stakeholder expectations to ensure customer satisfaction.
Posted by StartWire
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task