The AWS Cloud Engineer is an exciting role that has one foot planted in Security in the Cloud and the other in DevOps Automation for AWS. This is a fast paced role, and well suited for someone looking to get their hands dirty in a lot of different areas. As a member of the AWS Cloud Engineering team, this individual will be responsible for implementing CI/CD, infrastructure as code, AWS Services Integration and DevOps. Organizationally, AWS Cloud Engineering resides within the IT Infrastructure Architecture and Planning area.
The scope of this role includes building and maintaining reliable infrastructure and security services in AWS to deliver highly available and scalable services, automating everything to minimize manual work and meet security and compliance objectives in all aspects of the secure cloud ecosystem, use native AWS infrastructure services such as EC2, EBS, Auto Scaling, Cloudwatch, etc., perform basic system administration tasks, and serve on the on-call team as an escalation contact for service incidents.
* Accountable for developing and implementing complex automation tasks.
* Implement Configuration Management and Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Chef, CloudFormation, Terraform, Puppet, Ansible, Python)
* Assist with estimating work efforts required for each phase of a project.
* Identify and raise technical risks.
* Maintain working knowledge of IT industry and trends
* Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
* THIS POSITION WILL BE BASED IN OUR HEADQUARTERS IN RIVERWOODS ILLINOIS WITH THE FLEXIBILITY OF WORKING A FEW DAYS A WEEK FROM OUR DOWNTOWN CHICAGO OFFICE *
* 1+ years of overall technology experience in Java development and an Agile/Scrum environment.
* Proficiency in the following general areas: Java (Java 1.7/Java 1.8), Python, Jenkins, Gradle, and Github. Proven experience of code creation.
* Experience with Scrum methodology and Agile development practices.
* Understanding of testing frameworks and software quality assurance methods.
* Comfortable working on agile-based teams comprised of team members with diverse skill-sets (e.g. Quality Assurance Engineers, User Experience Designers, Software Engineers / Architects)
* Demonstrates growth mindset, enthusiastic about learning new technologies quickly and applying the gained knowledge to address business problems.
* Capable of collaborating with stakeholders and project leaders to understand requirements, deliverables, and set expectations on tasks that you will be responsible for
* Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems/Computer Science or equivalent work experience
* Consistently demonstrates follow-through in honoring commitments to customers and colleagues. Accepts the challenge of unfamiliar tasks
* AWS, Azure, or Google public cloud experience is a plus
Since Discover launched in 1986, we have made a business of redefining the credit card industry for the better. We were first to have no annual fee, first to offer cash rewards, first to provide 24/7 customer service, and we rank #1 in customer loyalty. As a Fortune 500 company, we strive to provide our employees with an environment where they can contribute in a way that is different from other large institutions. If you are looking for a place to make a difference and let your voice shine through, we would love to meet you. Apply today at discover.com/careers.
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Posted by StartWire
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task