- At HomeDepot.com, our award-winning e-Commerce team is blazing a trail of retail shopping innovation by leveraging cutting-edge technology with our 2,200+ store locations and a relentless focus on customer service. We are on a mission to provide the world's best interconnected shopping experience; and to do so, we need more dreamers, innovators and big thinkers passionate about reimagining the future of retail. Interested in making history with us? If so, apply today to experience what it's like to be a part of our HomeDepot.com team. Who knows? Your next big idea may just change the future of retail!
The Associate Product Manager
is responsible for delivering customer-facing and back-end solutions for their designated product line on Homedepot.com. This position will support in the creation of in-depth business reviews and site analysis and present their findings to senior leaders across the organization. Associate Product Manager will help monitor and report on key metrics across the site experience (i.e. revenue, customer experience, and conversion). The Associate Product Manager will conduct competitive and customer analysis within the E-commerce industry and must have proven analytical capability and the ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment. MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
NATURE AND SCOPE
- 30% Analyze customer needs and market trends then use that knowledge to help drive site features and enhancements that provide Home Depot customers with an unparalleled shopping experience
- 20% Forecast, monitor, analyze and report on the product line
- 10% Conduct research and analyses on competition. Recommend improvements as appropriate.
- 15% Create business requirements and drive improvements to customer-facing site features, back end systems, and new business models
- 10% Apply a thorough understanding of the E-commerce industry, its seasonality and global business trends/events, and continually monitor competitor/industry
- 15% Support projects and promotions through partnership with merchandising, web development, and design teams
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Typically reports to Sr Mgr, Online Product Management
- No direct responsibility for supervising others.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
- 4 PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or related quantitative field
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
- MBA preferred
- 4-plus years in financial analysis, product management and/or marketing is required, preferably within a consumer goods / retail company
- Proven analytical skills (includes ability to use tools such as Access, Excel, SQL, Web Analytics/BI tools)
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects across diverse groups, including UX design, creative, development, and QA - work prioritization and planning
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving meaningful results
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, cross-collaboration and team skills
- Knowledge of E-commerce business
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task