We are looking for a seasoned Learning and Development specialist to be a key contributor in a newly established team that will focus on the design and actual development of a learning curriculum for Microsoft's global Data Center Operators. This is a \"green fields\" opportunity: You will be a key part of the team that will deliver the framework, platform, and curriculum content that enables our data center workforce to adapt to new tools and processes and to move swiftly from novice to expert-operator of our critical environment, information technology and data center logistics worldwide.
Your learning solutions will inform and equip our data center workforce to execute their functional responsibilities in a manner that achieves a safety-first culture, operational excellence, and continual readiness for complying with security and data privacy controls, operational standards, and financial regulations. Your programs will span and drive cultural, organizational, and operational change.
In order to grow fast while adjusting to changes in our tools and processes within our DC operations, our approach to informing and equipping our workforce needs to be modular, nimble, and scalable. We need to deliver tangible learning solutions quickly, while simultaneously making iterative progress on long-term curriculum plans that require innovation and big thinking. Microsoft is one of a very short list of companies on the planet managing data centers at this scale; typical approaches to training a DC operations workforce may not work for us. Be ready to innovate, to leverage and exhaust existing solutions, and to creatively engage an extended network of contributors and experts. Microsoft's online infrastructure is growing at an incredible pace. You can have a big impact in this role!
* As a learning specialist, design, develop, and deliver learning solutions for a global workforce - Partner with program managers and key business stakeholders to assess business and readiness needs, define performance goals, and then working across various learning modalities (OLT, CILT and later possibly VILT) develop learning content that improves on the job performance of DC Operators
* You'll draw from your experience to integrate animation, audio and video content into OLT, as well as supporting the team with this
* Contribute to the implementation of Communities and online resources for searchability and self-discovery/learning as a complement component of a blended learning strategy
* Portfolio Curriculum Manager: Manage the lifecycle of a curriculum content over time
* Contribute to the development of a measurement framework for evaluating investment in Readiness, both from a point of view of Learning and Business outcomes
* Innovate and produce tailored learning solutions worthy of a world class cloud enterprise
* Champion ways to reduce cognitive burden on our workforce through improved process and/or tools
Skills & Capabilities
* Skills (& experience) in Authoring and Assessment Tools, either Access Point Studio (An internal OLT development and assessment Tool) and/or Articulate Storyline 2, for OLT design and development
* Experience in editing audio/video, basic ability to develop simple graphics
* Experience with Learning Management Systems (LMS), learning methodologies and modalities
* Ability to connect Learning Objectives so they are traceable in one direction to role definitions and role performance (competencies), but also back to overall Business Goals/Outcomes/Performance
* While much of this role will involve ID work for online courses, experience with Instructor-led and/or Instructor-virtual-led would be great
* Skills in designing and building engaging adult learning content, with an emphasis on skill measurement, evidenced by improved workplace task performance
* Exceptional written communication especially for communicating with stakeholders and leaders about your programs
* Ability to both contribute strategically to this new team, BUT, also to support and \"get behind\" strategic decisions once debate is over and a decision has been made
* Experience with technical roles / audiences will be an advantage
* 5+ years' experience in high-tech or supply chain operations environment
* 5+ years' experience in training, instructional design, and learning and development roles supporting adults in the workplace
* Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent
* Experience working with individual contributors, technical specialists, managers and executives across the full lifecycle of a business
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to ...@microsoft.com.
Posted by StartWire
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task