Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves. The company has a history of superior earnings growth and was the fourth best performing stock in the S&P 500 during the last decade, up 1580%.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over $10 billion publicly traded company (NYSE: PCP) employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp. Mr. Buffet stated, \"I've admired PCC's operation for a long time. For good reasons, it is the supplier of choice for the world's aerospace industry, one of the largest sources of American exports. Berkshire's Board of Directors is proud that PCC has joined Berkshire.\"
\"We are very pleased to be joining forces with Berkshire Hathaway,\" said Mark Donegan, PCC's chairman and chief executive officer. \"We see a unique alignment between Warren's management and investment philosophy and how we manage PCC for the long-term. We believe that as part of Berkshire Hathaway, PCC will be exceptionally well-positioned to support our customers' needs into the future. This transaction offers compelling and immediate value for our shareholders, and allows PCC's employees to continue to operate in the same manner that has generated many years of exceptional service and performance to our customers.\"
PCC Aerostructures is a leading supplier of complex components and assemblies to the global aerospace industry.
PCC Aerostructures now includes more than 35 plants in the U.S, Europe and Asia with over 6000 employees and has ambitious growth plans. Businesses within PCC Aerostructures include Primus International, SPS Aerostructures, Centra, Avibank and AVK, Klune, ProCoat, Southwest United Industries, Progressive Incorporated, Synchronous, Andrews Laser Works, and Kalistrut. Plants locations include Washington, Utah, California, Oklahoma, Kansas, Texas, Ohio, Canada, Mexico, the UK and China.
Located in Wichita, Kansas, Brittain Machining is a unique manufacturing facility that meets the demanding requirements of major commercial and defense aircraft manufacturers, as well as multiple general-aviation companies.
Our 185,000 square feet, climate controlled facility features dozens of precision and CNC machines, including multi-spindle 5-Axis gantry machines with capability of up to 200 feet for both hard and soft metals. Brittain currently has sales of $60 million annually.
Brittain's expertise is unsurpassed in the aerospace industry, complementing our facilities and extensive equipment are the professionals that make it happen. Through decades of experience our team knows how to deliver innovative solutions for complex challenges to meet our customers' evolving needs.
Develop a complete CNC program package using either Mastercam or Unigraphics CAD/CAM software for 3- through 4-axis equipment. Package includes, but is not limited to, machine programs, cutter selection, setup documentation, tooling design and drafting, CNC tooling programs, verification, and shop aid sketches. CNC lathe or Mill turn programming expericene a plus. CATIA V5 and Vericut experience preferred but not required. Minimum of 1 year CNC programming experience and a minimum of 2 years CNC maching experience required. Knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Excel, and Word required.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
* Analyze job orders, drawings, blueprints, specifications, and design data in order to calculate part dimension compatibility with machines, tool selection, machine speeds, and feed rates
* Observe machine trial runs or conduct computer simulations to ensure that programs and machinery will function properly and produce items that meet specifications
* Verify CNC code to engineering models to insure accuracy
* Write, store, and modify original and/or existing CNC programs to enhance efficiency
* Store, retrieve, and transfer CNC data as required
* Coordinate with other functional areas as needed to implement and change CNC programs
* Provide progress, status, and troubleshooting reports to management
* May occasionally perform special projects; Perform other duties as assigned
* General knowledge of a wide variety of numerically controlled machines and the program languages needed to operate them
* Blueprint reading, basic math, and understanding of measuring devices
* Ability to draw on extensive experience and judgment to plan a machining and tooling sequence based on engineering documentation
* Able to keep team members well informed and to draw on other's expertise when required
* Ability to interpret engineering documentation and write appropriate machine-level instructions, including revisions to existing programs
* Good computer skills and ability to query, monitor, and input NC machine and system data
* Ability to professionally communicate and work cooperatively with others
* Attention to detail and ability to handle multiple priorities
* Willingness to learn and receive training and, if required, train others
Experience & Education:
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* 3+ years of related experience
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.
Posted by StartWire
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task