Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. We own and operate leading media outlets in over 50 markets throughout the country all delivering the news, weather, sports and entertainment that millions of our neighbors count on every day. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
KWCH-12 CBS Affiliate - #1 rated legacy station located in the beautiful central region of Kansas has a proud heritage with a forward thinking strategy. KWCH-12 is the market leader with viewers relying on news and weather coverage. Along with strong news ratings, the #1 website, ACC/SEC/CBS Sports and CBS Primetime, we deliver the results for our advertisers.
KWCH-TV, KSCW-TV, and satellite stations KBSD-TV, KBSH-TV, KBSL-TV, is currently accepting applications for a part-time News Producer to join the #1-rated news team in Kansas.
We're looking for an entry-level producer who wants to join a great news station with a chance to learn quickly through on-the-job training and hopefully move up within our operation.
You'll be producing urgent, impactful shows, writing stories, editing, and taking an active role in producing social media and web content.
A Bachelor's degree in a related field is helpful and not required.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
* Prioritize, organize, and produce newscasts
* Maintain working knowledge of current events, community issues, and local contacts
* Search wire services, network feeds, websites and others sources to find relevant material for newscasts
* Work with news management to determine which stories to air during evening newscast
* Coordinate story assignments with assignment manager
* Collaborate with news operations staff to build graphics
* Accurately edit video with an eye for visual elements that make stories understandable to the viewer
* Work with directors and anchors on presentation of stories
* Assist reporters on story development, story expectations, and accurately gathering information under pressure
* Write creative headlines and teases
* Research and brainstorm story ideas, present ideas in editorial meetings
* Generate promotable story ideas daily
* Post and update stories to station website and social media sites, engage viewers
* Communicate with the web staff during breaking news
* Perform other job-related duties as assigned
* Write news stories
* Monitor competition's shows and websites for missed leads
* Assist producers in formatting other newscasts
* Clear, concise, conversational writing skills
* Excellent communication skills
* Demonstrate solid news judgment
* Maintain strong journalistic ethics
* Strong initiative and attention to detail
* Be creative and create compelling and memorable newscasts
* Knowledge of newsroom software
* Knowledge of web posting software
* Strong research skills, including online research using various search engines
* Ability to stay current with national and local news/weather
* Intermediate-level knowledge of social media
* Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure
* Ability to work independently with little supervision
* Demonstrate leadership through training and mentoring less experienced staff members; guide others to get the desired outcome
* Ability to remain positive and foster a positive work environment; work well with co-workers
* Edit video and audio on industry standard equipment
* Build graphics and use effectively in shows
* Handle and adjust to last-minute changes
* Make quick, accurate decisions during the on-air process
The position offers a competitive wage and comprehensive benefit package, including group health & dental, paid time off, 401(k) and more.
Apply here, and email your reel and resume/cover letter to ...@kwch.com, or send it here:
2815 E 37th St N
Wichita KS 67219
KWCH-TV / Gray Television Group, Inc. participates in E-Verify, is a drug-free company and requires pre-employment drug testing. Also, if applicable to the position, MVR/Driver's review and testing. EOE (All positions must show flexibility for evolving or changing operational needs. Hours, shifts, responsibilities, etc. are subject to change at management discretion.) Gray Television Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical handicap or marital status. Discriminatory employment practices are specifically prohibited by the Federal Communications Commission. If you believe your Equal Employment Rights have been violated, you may contact the FCC in Washington, D.C. 20054, or other appropriate state or local agencies.
Posted by StartWire
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task