Summary / Description
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Changer Manager (IT Infrastructure) to join our team in Pocatello, ID to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
In this role you will be responsible for conducting reviews of IT hardware and software change requests as well as configuration change requests as they pertain to the enterprise enclaves and systems. The Contractor shall provide technical reviews of software and hardware policy implementation, and is responsible for the overall implementation of the Change and Configuration Management (CCM) process. In addition, the CCM is responsible for conducting reviews and evaluations of systems design and implementing, monitoring and reporting progress.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- develop and maintain a complete repository of the latest standards and templates for current and future deployments.
- develop and maintain processes for technical management, maintenance execution and release management.
- coordinate with cross-functional team members to ensure standards and templates are understood, readily available, and adhered to.
- develop and maintain standards and procedures to ensure that configuration management controls are capable of supporting engineering activities and implementations to meet business needs.
- interpret configuration management activities and tools and apply them to project activities.
- work with the project manager to develop configuration management plans, milestones, and schedules for projects.
- decompose configuration items into appropriate configuration units for the specific project or task.
- ensure version control integrity for software and non-software components.
- maintain relationships with customers and support personnel in understanding product configuration.
- create a multi-faceted Configuration Management Database (CMDB) establishing relationships with all Configured Items
- serves as an active Configuration Control Board (CCB) member that addresses changes to established configurations and baselines.
- support the program in areas of CM, data management & engineering data.
- assist the Program Office in identification, assessment, compilation, and disposition of Contractor deliverables to ensure government possession of complete official program files.
- assist with the development
- of a records repository structure and consult on computer-based configuration and data management systems and electronic data support.
- assist with designs and development of configuration and data management documentation based on program requirements.
- responsibility for the immediate physical custody of all project property under their control.
- maintains current records for all accountable project property within their assigned custodial area.
- ensures that all project property is properly maintained, and is used only for official purposes.
- identifies and reports to the Government Task Lead (TL) or designee any missing or excess property.
- submits appropriate reports promptly for lost, missing, stolen, destroyed, damaged, or unserviceable property.
- affixes property identification number (barcode) labels onto accountable property.
- conducts physical inventories and reconciling inventory records.
- ensures that loaned property is returned upon expiration of the loan.
- ensures that complete documentation is provided to the Government TL or designee for newly acquired property.
- continually transition knowledge to the government staff through training and assistance on how to use the technology using industry best practices.
U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Minimum TS clearance
Bachelor s degree and 8 years of experience required.
Configuration management and change management experience required.
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task