Project Manager Business Professional III
The Project Manager will be responsible for delivering into the business enterprise wide analytics platforms utilizing a mix of established business intelligence technologies, powered visual analytics, dashboards, reporting and advanced analytics capabilities with a specific focus moving towards big data, advanced analytics and cloud technologies.
The Project Manager will manage end to end activities related to the on-going expansion and deployment of our Global Commercial Analytics platform. The GCA platform comprises global and regional data stores offering traditional cubes, standard dashboards and self-service BI.
The Project Manager will interact with senior stakeholders and business partners across multiple functional organizations to better understand their processes, data flows and reporting needs. He/she will have overall responsibility for the GCA project team comprising business analysts and technical resource. He/she will work closely with regional leads and the technical lead as well as internal customers to drive on-going analytics initiatives from requirements gathering and gap analysis right through to stabilisation of the delivered product, all in line with the priorities and information needs of the business.
He/she should be a confident self-starter with excellent communication skills, able to manage multiple projects whilst being hands on and close to daily activities.
* Focal point and trusted Analytics & Reporting advisor for business stakeholders and key users; first escalation point for stakeholder teams.
* Communicate with business stakeholders and key users in order to develop and maintain the GCA product roadmap; acting as the intersection between business needs, technology and user experience.
* Gather business requirements in line with the GCA product roadmap and prioritise them, based on viability and feasibility, in line with the overall GCA strategy.
* Research and analyse functional needs in depth, and communicate them clearly to the design and delivery teams, with meticulous attention to detail.
* Optimise GCA solutions and applications to deliver against the business requirements while maximising return on investment.
* Obtain feedback from business stakeholders and key users regarding usability and value add of the GCA solutions, continually looking for ways to improve the product.
* Plan, manage and assume responsibility for regional GCA deliverables in a fast moving and dynamic environment.
* Effectively manage internal and external communications in both verbal (i.e. day-to-day discussions, team meetings) and written (project charter, objectives, status reports etc.) form by targeting messaging to audience and ensuring commitment to GCA strategy and objectives.
* Passionately promote the GCA vision and strategy, communicating constantly with business stakeholders regarding the GCA solutions.
* Collaborate with Regional Leads as well as the design and delivery teams to fine tune our GCA delivery approach, internal processes and best practices.
* Apply advanced analytics and quality / process improvement methodologies to assure uniformity, standardization, repeatability and scalability of GCA solutions.
* Coordinate and participate in product testing to guarantee high quality GCA solutions offering the best user experience and meeting business needs, ensuring compliance to validation and testing requirements and including appropriate documentation.
* Participate in product release planning in line with business priorities.
* Ensure adequate user documentation is created and maintained to support all GCA solutions.
* Coordinate appropriate training of users and support teams in line with each product release, including involvement in final transfer to ARO support function.
* Support regular analytical needs for our business stakeholders (i.e. data mining, data analytics, etc.).
Education / Experience
* Bachelor degree, Masters preferred, in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Business Management or similar discipline
* 10+ years of experience in BI analytics management and working with teams in a virtual / global or similarly structured organization
* Understanding and experience with advanced analytics, big data technologies and platforms is highly desired
* Must be able to define, shape, and drive analytics initiatives to completion while effectively collaborating with others
* Experience managing third-party external business partners and their technical teams in the support & implementation of BI and analytics solutions
* Experience working on all SDLC business processes: requirements, design, development, testing and deployment using Agile methodology and managing the product backlog
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills; must be able to solve complex business problems and present recommendations to senior management effectively
* Strong customer focus and ability to handle difficult stakeholder and project conversations; interact with multiple levels of the organization and functional disciplines
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, work ethic and the ability to work well individually as well as coordinating and collaborating with multiple global virtual project teams
* Mastery in English (written, verbal, presentation) is a must, including excellent presentation skills
* Functional experience across a range of commercial business processes with an emphasis on profitability & revenue management, sales force effectiveness and market data integration is a plus
* Experience in Medical Device or other regulated industries is an asset
Technology / Business Intelligence Skills and Know-How
* Demonstrated understanding of BI technology and experience in delivering BI or IT projects
* Prior experence in design, development and deployment of BI applications, including the role of these applications in an enterprise BI architecture
* Knowledge of Oracle Data Warehousing and Oracle Client Tools
* Basic data modelling and database design understanding including experience in SQL server and Datastage development
* Experience with BI visualization tools and their implementation, ideally Cognos
* Understanding of design principles and aesthetics of business dashboards and reports (i.e. look and feel)
* Proficient in Data Mining and Analysis of Data / interpretation Results
* Advanced knowledge of MS Office suite and MS Project is required
* Basic knowledge of HP ALM and SharePoint is a plus
* Experience with corporate Sales, Finance or ERP systems
Posted by StartWire
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task