The IT Field Support Manager will report to the Senior Manager of Infrastructure and be responsible for overseeing the IT Field Support team. The IT Field Support Manager is responsible for ensuring that retail locations are receiving the appropriate assistance and is expected to monitor, track and coordinate all IT Field Support functions. He/she will be an experienced hands-on team leader, managing and mentoring other members as well as being active as a team member in the support role. He/she will have the proven ability to resolve technical issues, absorb and retain information quickly, present ideas in user-friendly language to non-technical staff and end users, and conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required. Excellent follow-up skills and organizational skills are fundamental to the success of the candidate.
- Oversee and manage the configuration, deployment, maintenance, troubleshooting and support of all retail location IT equipment: Servers, workstations, POS devices, printers, copiers, etc.
- Respond to support requests for help providing professional and effective diagnosis and resolution of technical problems
- Document ticketed items and resolutions in a tracking system
- Maintain inventory of all retail locations hardware, software, licensing, and warranties
- Look for patterns, identify root causes, and propose solutions to recurring problems.
- Manage relationship with third party support service providers, hardware, and software vendors
- Work collaboratively with senior IT staff on new systems, designs, and build out to ensure a smooth transition for retail locations and staff. This will include the need for documentation and training
- Travel regularly to retail locations to meet with team members and retail users/management
- Communicate status of all retail locations and their unique needs on a regular basis
- Efficiently manage multiple projects while prioritizing tasks for themselves and the team
- Provide troubleshooting and resolution for escalated service calls
- Encourage ongoing education and training within team
- Utilize ticketing software to analyze and monitor team performance and SLA adherence
- Perform quarterly reviews and update all documentation, maintain existing documentation, and create new documents to support a complete and updated IT knowledge base
- Focus on continual service improvement for all areas of responsibilities and provide improvement suggestions to all procedures related to the identification, prioritization, and resolution of Field Support requests
- Development, implementation, and administration of Field Support staff training procedures and policies
- Manage and coordinate IT functions for new retail location openings, moves, and closures
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college/university with an emphasis in computer science preferred or equivalent in work experience
- 5+ years of IT Field Support Management Experience
- Proficient with applications used in a corporate environment, Microsoft products, email, smartphones, web browsers, FTP clients and ticket systems.
- Experienced and knowledgeable with hardware diagnostics methodologies and techniques.
- Basic networking principles understanding
- A+, Network+, CCNP, MCP, MSDST, and/or HDI Certifications preferred
- Supervises the IT Field Support team providing coaching, motivation, support, and career development advice
- Set achievable individual goals and complete semi-annual performance evaluations and review status in regular 1:1 meetings
- Provide training and ongoing development to IT Field Support staff on departmental and corporate systems and processes
- Provide end user support and exceptional customer experiences
- Design, implement, and actively contribute to an IT Field Support knowledgebase and mentoring process
- Serves as a liaison to other groups and participates in projects as required
- Achieve other goals and objectives as assigned
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift 15 lbs.
- Ability to travel (up to 40% travel required)
Benefits for eligible employees include: medical/dental/vision, 401k, vacation, opportunities for advancement, ongoing training available. PLS is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer and drug-free workplace.
We strive to demonstrate our Core Values in all positions at PLS:
Communication Customer Focus Integrity and Trust Teamwork Results
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task