'U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.'
We are recruiting for a Quality Assurance Analyst position with our good client in Topeka, Kansas. Large company with a great work environment. This will be a contract for hire opportunity. Must be able to work on site in Topeka, Kansas. At conversion to permanent client offers a very competitive Base Salary as well as a 10% bonus potential. Excellent Benefits Med/Dent/Vision/, Vac/Holiday/Personnel paid time off, 401k 4.5% dollar for dollar company match, a separate PENSION PLAN on top of 401k, and more.
Summary of Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Under direct supervision, the Quality Assurance Analyst carries out the procedures to ensure Technology Services products and services meet company standards and end-user requirements. This individual tests software, systems, and applications to ensure proper operation of functional and technical requirements and freedom from defects. This individual creates and maintains test data and test scripts within HP Quality Center for use in testing activities. This individual analyzes, evaluates, and documents issues discovered during testing and works closely with the necessary technical teams to resolve these issues. This individual also provides timely and accurate progress reports on open issues and issue resolution to management.
Key responsibilities include:
- Perform functional, integration, and regression testing for new and existing software, systems, and applications.
- Verify that software, systems, and applications function according to user requirements and conform to established guidelines.
- Develop test plans and manage all activities within a test plan to ensure objectives are met and solution works as expected.
- Follow and execute test schedules and plans providing management with updates or variances to the plan.
- Ensure testing system defects are documented, assigned, communicated, and appropriately resolved.
- Recommend program improvements or corrections to programmers.
- Coordinate user acceptance testing with end users.
- Verify that all scheduled testing is completed in accordance with schedules.
- Perform code migration, versioning, and standards verification in the test environment.
- Ensure all impacted departments and individuals are coordinated with and represented.
- Provide first level assistance for issue resolution.
- Assist with the implementation of new application software into the testing environments.
Education and Experience Requirements:
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business, or related field or equivalent work experience. Experience in software development or software quality assurance is required.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Required:
- Service Oriented Architecture knowledge
- Experience using HP Quality Center or other automated testing tools preferred
- Experience creating test plans and test schedules
- Ability to translate technical requirements into test plans
- Ability to create clear, concise, and detailed test scripts from high-level test plans
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with others
- Ability to work independently and self-motivate
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to learn new technologies and processes quickly with excellent attention to detail
- Strong understanding of SDLC
- .Net preferred
- Agile/Scrum preferred
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task