Director of IT Project Management
The Director of IT Project Management is a manager of people, resources, and processes, and a senior member of the IT leadership team reporting to the CIO. This position has overall responsibility for the planning and successful execution of CRST IT projects ranging from simple integrations to major transformation projects. The immediate focus and top priority of the Director will be to build a project staff and begin the planning of a multi-year and multi-million dollar migration project targeting the modernization and consolidation of primary operations systems across the CRST enterprise. The ideal candidate has a demonstrated foundation of technical competency in one or more IT related disciplines (e.g. application support, software development, infrastructure management, IT operations), a track record of leading and delivering successful projects (on-budget, on-time), and experience developing / establishing / implementing process discipline and best practices in an engineering and/or IT environment.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
* Manage a team of 5-10 direct staff including project managers and process analysts
* Establish a project management practice based on best practices and industry standards
* Plan and execute IT projects across multiple business units
* Provide technical review, oversight, guidance, and decision making where appropriate
* Build and maintain effective working relationships with internal project stake holders
* Build and maintain collaborative relationships within the IT department
* Manage vendor relationships and performance
* Negotiate vendor contracts
* Manage project budgets/schedules
* Establish project performance metrics
* Report project performance to stake holders and top executives
* Support IT strategy and planning (annual budgets and roadmap activities)
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in an applicable technical field
* Advanced degree in business or technical field (desired)
* 3-5 years' experience in an application technical field
* 5+ years' experience in project management
* 3+ years' experience as a principal project lead on large projects or leader of project managers
* Demonstrated history of progressively increasing responsibility
CRST is an EOE
Have you applied with us before?
If you've applied to other positions online with us before, we already have your information on file! Use your email address and password to update your existing profile and use it to apply to this job instantly.
If you do not remember your password click here.
Posted by StartWire
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task