Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right.
This is an exciting opportunity in either our Indianapolis or Columbus, IN location for a Senior Project Manager.
* Embracing a truly global, enterprise services, value delivery mind set, our Senior Project Managers and Program Managers in the Enterprise IT Planning and Program Office lead and support the transformation of business and IT at Cummins. Depending on the nature of assigned program the Senior Project Manager or Program Manager is able to blend deep skills and knowledge along with big picture strategic mindset and creativity to focus on customer driven outcomes.
* The customary responsibilities of a more senior Project Manager or Program Manager include planning and management of scope, schedule, budgets, resources, stakeholders, business benefits, change, risks, risk mitigation, solution delivery for a large ($500k ) project or multi-year, multi-million dollar program with project tracks and deployments. Projects and programs assigned may be in a variety of domains, technologies and parts of the Cummins business directly or in the internal business of IT delivery of platform technology services and solutions.
* The senior PM may be an individual contributor leading and influencing stakeholders and team members, or could be directly managing others such as business analysts and more junior project managers.
Skills experience and technical knowledge in a broad range of roles in career including IT, business, data, systems, consulting including 6 years in full-time project management
Relationship building, customer focus, collaboration, influencing skills
Proven record of delivering full solutions, driving accountability balanced with a servant leadership approach
Tactical expert in IT project planning and process development (can teach others) balanced with following prescribed standards, methodologies
Risk planning and management with well-developed skills and knowledge to identify risks inherent in business capability delivery. Especially within the overall systems development life cycle - data, cyber security, resources, quality, testing, ongoing support, total cost of ownership. Can articulate risks and negotiate trade-off decision making.
Quickly and regularly seeks out and assess complexities and nuances in the business and changing IT environment. Scans environment for impact on project / program goals and outcomes including end user adoption
Senior level PM skills and organizational savvy to manage across project tracks and other projects in the portfolio a?? inter-dependencies, risks, resources
Communications ability and patience a?? a global team is common, ability to tailor written or verbal communications and status updates to a business or IT audience and at different levels in the organization
PMP skills and knowledge, agile at scale methods
Education / Qualifications
* Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Business, Economics or equivalent
* Constant sitting and working at desk
* Frequent verbal and written communication with local and global team by skype virtual meetings, one on one and in person
* Periodic driving of automobile for work travel
Travel Required up to 25% depending on location and project / program needs
Significant level of relevant work experience, including team leadership experience, required.
Enterprise IT EPMO
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience plus annualized bonus potential. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team:
Posted by StartWire
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task