\"I feel the need...the need for speed!\"If you like the movie\"Top Gun\", you will love the Test and Training Instrumentation Engineering Department.
Rockwell Collins (NYSE: COL) is a pioneer in the development and deployment of innovative communication solutions for government applications. The T&TI Engineering Department develops state-of-the-art test and training range products for cryptographic, datalink, networking, and command and control applications. We specialize in the development of high quality, highly secure training solutions for the U.S. military, laying the foundation for Live Virtual Constructive (LVC) capabilities. T&TI Engineering is responsible for all product line and engineering tasks related to the design, analysis, test and certification of Air Combat Training systems, maturing products from concept phase through accreditation and factory production.
The T&TI Software Systems Engineering team is looking for a dynamic Principal Systems Engineer to bridge the crucial gap between high-level system requirements and software implementation by leveraging systems engineering skills with an focus on full life-cycle software development. Applicants must be proficient in systems analysis, requirements generation and decomposition, systems integration and testing, continuous integration and testing, open systems architectures, software design patterns, as well as full lifecycle software development.
* Requirements decomposition, allocation, and apportionment from high-level system requirements down through software component requirements
* Subsystem software architecture and design including interface definition, network design, application of design patterns and open systems principles
* Frequent interaction with systems teams and customers to gain early acceptance of design approaches
* Support systems and hardware design teams, ensuring that the implemented design adheres to the systems requirements established for the products
* Utilize strong interaction and interpersonal skills to lead and lead and guide a highly diverse engineering team
* Ensure adherence to and support of Rockwell Collins process methodologies while developing and managing commitments to meet project deliverables within schedule, budget, and quality requirements
* Support pursuits and proposal efforts
* Mentor other team members and build strong relationships within multidisciplinary and cross-functional teams
* Project risk identification, mitigation, and escalation
This position is located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates.
Must Have Requirements:
* Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
* Must possess or be eligible for obtaining a U.S. DoD Secret Clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/reinstatement and must meet eligibility requirements.
* Experience with standard full lifecycle software development practices including requirements, design, development, integration, and test
* Practical experience with configuration management tools
* Experience with OOA/D architectures and and design patterns in C++
* Experience in networking protocols and standards
* A successful candidate may possess the following:
* Background and/or knowledge of range test and training systems
* Knowledge and cognizance of Live Virtual Constructive concepts
* Experience with Agile development methodologies
* Background and/or knowledge of digital electronics and experience with digital electronics design principles and techniques
* Experience with multi-threaded real-time embedded application software development and integration
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills and the ability to work well with others in a professional team environment.
* Good organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks, while balancing priorities and schedules are important attributes.
* Self-starter with strong analytical skills.
The candidate must demonstrate they have superior communication skills as a primary responsibility for this position will be frequent interaction with multiple engineering disciplines, the customer, and our subcontractors to design and deliver training solutions.
This position requires an individual that can perform with minimal direct supervisory support. As such the candidate must be highly motivated and a self-starter. The ability to coordinate several complex engineering activities while balancing priorities and schedules is a must.
Knowledge of design and development processes is expected. Must possess a desire to investigate problems to the root cause and then champion the creation and implementation of corrective actions.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
* Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
* Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
* An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
* Tuition reimbursement
* And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
Posted by StartWire
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task