Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that was named as the 2016 America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Senior Systems Engineer to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
A comprehensive relocation plan is available for qualified applicants.
Rockwell Collins is currently seeking qualified candidates for a Sr. Project Engineering position on one of our development teams in the Flight Management Applications department located in Cedar Rapids, IA. The primary responsibility for this position is lead project teams in the development of software requirements, test cases, software, and testing for software applications specific to Flight Management Systems across a variety of fixed wing and/or rotary wing applications.
This individual must have experience in system engineering, the verification and validation process, software development, and life-cycle value stream management. The engineer who fills this position must have demonstrated communication and leadership skills and able to thrive a team environment.
This position requires exceptional communication and coordination skills.
Come join us and help lead the avionics industry!
Other responsibilities and job requirements include:
* Cognizance of cost, schedule, and budget commitments and variance
* Understanding of systems and software development tools (DOORS, Python, ADA, Matlab)
* Experience interacting with domestic and international customers and peers
* Time management skills - work unsupervised, multi-task and coordinate work
* Basics of risk management (identify, quantify, and mitigate risks)
* Effective communication (written, verbal, interpersonal)
* Scope management
* Perform cost/benefit analysis
* Familiarity with the AGILE development process
* Familiarity with Flight Controls, Flight Management Applications, and/of Flight Management products
* Familiarity with aerospace and avionics
* Flexible work schedule to lead coordination of international teams
Must Have Requirements:
* Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
* Ability to obtain a DoD Security Clearance
* Experience using project management tools (SAP, MSProject, COBRA)
* Experience using project leadership (AGILE, Waterfall)
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
* Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
* Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
* An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
* Tuition reimbursement
* And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
Posted by StartWire
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task