Do you feel like a number? Lack career potential? At AFC, we provide the culture and feel of a smaller company, but as a division of KAR Auction services, you ll receive the benefits and career growth of working for a multi-billion dollar enterprise.
AFC IT is looking for an experienced individual to join our team in the role of Project Manager, working with Application/Software Development teams and responsible for managing multiple projects of varying sizes while adhering to a project management methodology to deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Ensure that projects are delivered within committed scope, schedule and budget.
- Ensure that business sponsor and stakeholder expectations are managed & met through the process.
- Ensure the expertise of subject matter experts and team leads is leveraged in order to assemble project activities and tasks into an organized work breakdown and associated project schedule
- Coordinates with owners of other active projects to ensure a realistic project schedule is created and that business partner and IT resources are not constrained
- Ensure timely risk management & escalations. Proactively address variances to budget & schedule.
- Provide written project Status Reports to PMO, sponsors and stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Establish, lead and contribute to Project Team meetings and Steering Committee meetings.
- Ensure that all projects follow the established governance processes and methodologies.
- Ensure timely management and reporting of project forecast and actuals. All forecasts must be backed with detailed basis of estimate.
- Responsible for project team performance
- Work with all IT and business groups (Sponsors, Product Managers, KAR IT Shared Services, etc.) to build trust and credibility, establish a working relationship, understand their concerns and help them understand project challenges.
- Effectively and proactively manage resource needs on projects including BA, Developer, QA, and Architecture.
- Effectively manage changes in scope priorities on projects with the business teams in a positive manner.
Lead By Example:
- Build effective project teams to successfully deliver on projects. Motivate virtual team members to engage effectively with the rest of the team and business stakeholders.
- Contribute to the PMO and Portfolio Meetings to encourage the sharing of information, discussion of IT issues and consistent direction to individual project teams. Model and share best practices with other PMs.
- Internally, receives assignments to lead or significantly participate in practice area improvement initiatives
- Ensure timely submission of timesheets, timely completion of assigned training and conformance to policies
- Provide mentoring and coaching to less experienced Project Managers and Project Coordinator
- PMP certification
- Familiarity managing infrastructure projects
- Experience managing third party vendors
- Bachelor s Degree or more than five (5) years experience managing application development projects
- Three (3) or more years experience managing application development projects
- Knowledge of managing project budgets
- Ability to manage as many as three (3) or more smaller projects at one time
- Experience with basic project management tools including Microsoft Project, Visio, and Office
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task