Project Manager, Technology
Want to lead large projects in a fast-paced eCommerce company?
At FTD we continually evolve the business--hyper-focused on customer experience! We are advancing a culture where solutions from the technology group will help transform our lines of business through customer-meaningful solutions, innovative technologies and business-impacting projects.
We are seeking a project management leader that is dedicated, innovative and a great problem solver. As Project Manager, you will be responsible for the project life cycle (planning through implementation/delivery) of large cross-functional projects for the Enterprise Technology pipeline. This highly visible position reports to the Lead Program Manager and will work alongside other Project Managers and in partnership with all Business Units, management, third-party contractors and/or consultants to drive key technology projects forward.
What you will contribute:
- Plan, manage and deliver large projects on time, within budget, with agreed high-quality output
- Lead cross-functional teams (technical & non-technical) to collaborate effectively and efficiently
- Apply PMI best practices to enterprise project execution and management
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, success criteria and deliverables
- Assemble and coordinate project team
- Define and develop full scale project plans for both task and resource visibility
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path
- Establish communication plan for each project and update stakeholders accordingly
- Identify and resolve conflicts within the project team
- Identify project risks and work with team to assess options for management escalation
- Manage project budget and project resource allocation
- Maintain project plans, issue/action logs, communication plans, status reports and other fundamental project documents for stakeholder publication
- Conduct post mortem and document lesson learned for future implementation
- Work with management team and Finance to adhere to the Capital Expenditure process
- Create and manage projects in Enterprise PPM Tool
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What we offer:
- An environment of positive change where you can truly make a difference
- The blending of cultures across multiple cities and 3 continents where you can be a part of helping shape our future
- A flat organization where you will spend time with business leaders, managers, developers, product management and executive leadership
- Career opportunities! Those that have positive impact, with a positive approach, have a very bright future as we change, grow, expand and explore new and exciting experiences for our global customer base
- Good pay with good benefits and a culture that will reward superior performance
- The ability and opportunity to learn and grow
What we seek:
- Bachelor s Degree required. PMP or pgMP certification is required
- 5+ years direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution
- Experience in development or maturity of a PMO in an agile environment
- Successful rollout of ERP and Finance implementations highly desirable
- Excels working independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Equally comfortable communicating with executives, manage-level stakeholders and developers
- Ability to resolve conflict and navigate strong personalities while demonstrating calm confidence
- Adapts to rapidly changing business needs and shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Manage multiple projects concurrently and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Proven competency with owning and managing financials
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Is persuasive, encouraging and motivating.
- Superior skills in MS Office Tools (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Experience with the following a plus: Sharepoint, TFS
Come join our team and be part of an exciting transformation! While you are part of the office of technology, you will have a broader impact on the overall growth of the business.
Come give FTD a look! This position will be based in Downer s Grove IL. We are an incredibly open and welcoming company--come join our family!
FTD Companies is a global premier floral and gifting company with a vision to be the leading and most trusted floral and gifting company in the world. We provide floral, specialty foods, gift and related products and services to consumers, retail florists, and other retail locations and companies in need of floral and gifting solutions.
Best known for our brands, FTD.com, ProFlowers, Shari's Berries and Personal Creations, we are a premier gifting company that strives to exceed our customers expectations and offer gift recipients something just as extraordinary!
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task