IT Software Functional Manager
This is The Wellness Company.
We have achieved consistent and profitable growth with our annual revenue consistently hitting over $1.7 billion dollars. We now have over 4,200 employees and operate in 19 countries around the world. Melaleuca is positioned to grow even more rapidly in upcoming years. To help keep up with this growth we are looking for an outstanding IT Functional Manager to lead our software efforts.
IT Software Functional Manager
This position plays a critical role in the global organization by leading the teams that provide technical leadership throughout the software development lifecycle. This team plays an integral part in the delivery of solutions that support critical business initiatives. There is also a leadership element that will be essential for this role. We have a team of very seasoned and talented professionals as well as employees who are very new in their career. We have expectations that proper management and mentoring will be given to these skilled developers.
Who you are
You're someone who wants to influence your own development. You're looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point. To be considered for the role you will have 5+ years in as a Team Lead or Manager over a team of high performing software engineers. You will have a verifiable background of consistently exceeding your goals and in providing world-class leadership. You are driven for success and want to help others achieve their goals!
To be a good fit for this opportunity you will have the ability to:
* Provide technical leadership throughout the software development lifecycle
* Engage with Architects to design architecturally sound solutions
* Actively participate in helping define the reference architecture
* Ensure software developers adhere to the reference architecture
* Partner with business users to review roadmaps and establish priorities
* Act as an individual advocate and work to remove roadblocks
* Manage scope of iterations and work with internal business
* Apply comprehensive technical knowledge to successfully complete assigned project tasks
* Mentor other software developers and provide regularly scheduled training where needed.
* Evaluate industry-level concepts, techniques and technologies for adoption.
* Create and review objectives for individual team members and for the overall team
* Create individual performance development plans and regularly review with each team member
* Monitor development/test environments and recommend improvements as needed
* Institute team standards and ensure team follows the standards
* Ensure that work is reviewed and peer tested
* Minimum 5 years in IT Software with management or team lead experience
* BS degree in computer science or related field
* Prior experience managing Software Developers and software processes
* Experience making hiring decisions and developing performance improvement plans
Just as important as your experience and skills will be the following characteristics and competencies:
* A collaborative approach and willingness to engage in an environment of active idea sharing.
* Sharp organizational skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
* The ability to produce consistent quality under deadline pressure while paying careful attention to detail.
* Self-motivation and a strong sense of ownership and accountability.
* Ability to analyze problems and create solutions
* Ability to work independently and professionally
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Detailed work and organizational skills
* Ability to work under stress and work overtime as needed
Great culturea??Flexibility is a must in this position; you'll become a part of a fast-paced team dedicated to a feel-good lifestyle brand dedicated to changing lives. Like the rest of Melaleuca, we are proud to be part of a values-driven organization that treats employees with respect. Our employees and their families enjoy company parties and countless discounts around the community. We implement a very real open-door policy, and all employees are on a first name basisa??it feels more like a family than a multi-national corporation.
Excellent compensationa??in addition to a competitive wage and bonus incentive program, we offer comprehensive benefits for our full-time employees that include all you would expect plus some remarkable surprises, such as a longevity bonus. Right here on-site, we provide a fitness center, free concierge service, and an employee restaurant.
Shift(8am-5pm M-F)FacilityCorporate HeadquartersCountryUnited States
Posted by StartWire
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task