Hill's Pet Nutrition is a $2.3 Billion, global division of Colgate-Palmolive Company and the maker of Prescription Diet, Science Diet, Ideal Balance and Healthy Advantage brand pet food. Our mission is to help enrich and lengthen the special relationship between people and their pets by providing the best, leading-edge pet nutrition technology, products and expertise to pet owners, veterinary professionals and other key pet professionals worldwide. Our company is a globally recognized Best Place to Work.
Location: Topeka, Kansas, United States
Relocation Assistance Offered Within Country
If you are passionate about our company mission, we invite you to apply for the position of Business Account Manager (BAM) for our eCommerce Channel, based from the Hill's Corporate Office in Topeka, Kansas. As a BAM for Hill's Pet Nutrition, you will assume headquarter customer management responsibilities for emerging eCommerce customers, which will include up to 25% overnight travel.
The primarily responsibilities for this role include implementing new eCommerce customers and providing guidance to brick and mortar teams as they grow or launch new customers. The role includes Implementing Hill's RE & brand strategies to grow market share and brand recommendation within the customer ecosystem as well as develops and executes customer specific 6P+A plans to achieve the Hill's commercial goals of net sales, share, and margin, while spending within within gross-to-net guidelines. BAMs at this level will have focus on larger, more complex customers based on higher net sales, higher store counts, larger geographical footprint, stronger marketplace influence, higher customer sophistication, and other customer complexities. Strong leadership is needed to engage customers at the highest level with strategic plans.
The primary responsibilities include:
* Develops, executes and monitors the 6P+A plans versus goal for key Hill's customers at varying levels of revenue and complexity
* Develops and maintains process/plan to analyze each customer's business. Evaluates business trends, shopper insights, and learning's from post analysis of executed activities, which includes high utilization of customer consumption data.
* Develops and executes customer meetings to influence support of Hill's Go-to-Market plans with each customer (minimum (1) per month)
* Develops and executes annual strategic plans and initiatives to achieve the commercial goals. Engages customer on category growth expectations.
* Provides guidance to brick and mortar customer development teams on eCommerce best practices and launch processes to go online effecitvely
* Customizes specific shopper programs with Hill's shopper marketing, leveraging Hill's brand strategies to drive incremental retail sales
* Execute sales plans and resolve issues through both the customer and internal commercial teams, including Marketing, Supply Chain and Store Operations.
* Builds and maintains Colgate Business Planner to reflect baseline sales and promotion plans. Manage customer payments
* Develops category and brand solutions for each customer that will drive the Hill's business.
* Collaborates with Hill's BDM & Retail Marketing team to execute the Hill's retail environment and brand strategy within investment guidelines
* Drives forward actions in monthly customer planning meetings to review actuals plus plan-to-go with manager, BDM & Finance
Education/ Experience Requirements
* BS/BA degree or higher
* Minimum of 7 years of Field Sales experience calling on retail stores (or corporate sales experience)
* Proficient computer skills in Excel, Word, Power Point
* Minimum of 3 years of experience managing key accounts/headquarter accounts
Expected Areas of Skills/Knowledge/Abilities
* Strong computer skills in Excel, Word, Power Point
* Excellent business presentation ability and a skilled communicator
* Strong influence and negotiations skills for win-win solutions with persistence, compromise, and respect
* Adept at finding common ground, identifying vital interests, and understanding the customer's underlying priorities
* Strong analytical skills to develop 6P recommendations that result in optimized consumption based on consumption data, shopper and consumer insights
* Manages ambiguity and strategize solutions for the customer's business and 6P plan performance and quickly develop alternative plans as needed
* Works effectively across functions, channels, and categories to align priorities, solve problems, optimize resources, and drive effective execution
* Highly competitive pay
* Great employee, domestic partner, and family benefits that start the first day of employment
* Retirement Savings & Investment Plan with company contributions and matching
* Annual education/tuition reimbursement up to $10,000
* 14 paid holidays and annual vacation
* World-class training and development opportunities
* Highly professional, ethical, and caring environment
Hill's employees in this position also enjoy:
* Between 26 - 27.5% target bonus
* Bring your dog to work
* Summer hours (off early on Friday)
* Worksmart program with options to flex hours or work from home
Are you interested in working for Hill's Pet Nutrition? You can apply to work with us using this online application. Attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process.
Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Topeka
Job Segment: Account Manager, Supply Chain Manager, Field Sales, Marketing Manager, Manager, Sales, Operations, Marketing, Management
Posted by StartWire
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task