Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
Seeking senior J2EE Developer supporting multiple financial services platforms. Requires excellent architecture, technical, analytical, communication and conflict resolution skills. Financial domain expertise is a plus.
Role and Responsibilities:
* Primary Role:
* Hands on development of Enterprise Services including Messaging Bus, BPM, Cloud, Common UI, Alert/Event, Report, Web Services, and Security solutions
* Working with / leading / guiding / influencing multiple blended teams of full-time employees and onshore / offshore contractors operating at multiple locations across time zones.
* Secondary Role:
* Envisioning, architecting, designing and implementing financial systems across front, middle and back office
* Work closely with clients, subject matter experts and the technology team to understand requirements, establish priorities and project scope, and manage expectations and project delivery.
* Knowledge of how to assess the performance of software systems, how to diagnose performance problems, and tools used to monitor and tune performance.
Domain and Technologies:
* Strong Programming skills in J2EE, Rules, Spring framework, BPM, Cloud, UI, AJAX, JMS, ORM technologies like Hibernate, XML, Enterprise caching, various Open Source like TomCat, JBoss and best of breed commercial products, scripting languages with in-depth knowledge of related enterprise best practices, standards, and libraries.
* Hands-on experience with web-services and knowledge of SOA standards, and other approaches to service-oriented integration, source code management best practices, continuous integration, and automated testing.
* Experience and knowledge in developing modern process driven applications using BPM.
* Deep understanding of Software Engineering disciplines with Object Oriented designs, design patterns , Enterprise Patterns and performance analysis techniques.
* Strong knowledge and development experience in Database design and coding.
* Experience in Agile and test-driven development.
Skills and Qualifications:
* Bachelors degree with 10+ years of Enterprise level architecture/development experience, preferably in large financial institutions.
* Strong problem solving abilities, analytical skills and the ability to work well under pressure.
* Strong presentation/white boarding skills; lead architecture discussions in front of business leaders and technically strong colleagues.
* Excellent conflict resolution technique and capable of building consensus with business, technology, and management across multiple organizational structures.
* Mentoring of experienced and junior Architects/Developers.
Job Opening ID
To apply to this position, follow the \"apply now\" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Posted by StartWire
Associated topics: c#, chief technology officer, database, information technology, sdlc, shell, software development, sw, unix, website