Reporting to the Director Systems Engineering, the Systems Engineering Manager is responsible in leading and developing a world-class Systems Engineering organization. SE Manager will provide leadership in three areas- business leadership, people leadership and technical leadership. Partnering and collaborating with various teams in organization SE Manager is responsible to develop team efficiencies programs that enable continual improvement. Actively managing the growth and development of the team to ensure the competency of the SE team is at its best and diverse to support the business technologies and solution offerings. Collaborating and leveraging the team skills to support all aspects of the business to improve effective business interactions, revenue growth and high levels of customer satisfaction.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Demonstrates the capacity to influence, led by example and recognized as a leader of tomorrow by peers, team, and senior management.
* Continual self-development with regard to technology, industry, processes, and programs in order to assist the SE team in meeting the organizational goals
* Establish and communicate clear objectives, productive and measurable growth plans for continual improvement.
* Fosters teamwork and cross business collaboration and in partnership to ensure all areas of the business are engaging appropriately with the respective communities.
* Team management and development that includes but not limited to performance management, compensation, proactive career development, training and recruitment to develop a high performing team that can scale to deliver on the organizational goals.
* Manage and motivate through listening, communicating, coaching, mentoring, delegation, and empowerment. Has the ability to persuade through passion and lead by example. Build and maintain high morale through regular recognition and reward opportunities.
* Exhibit executive communications, conduct effective meetings, presentations, negotiate, resolve conflicts, and exhibit effective time and priority management.
* An effective business partner and trusted advisor, responsible for developing and executing technical business plans aligned to business goals and success. Understands benefits of creating open effective communities.
* Align Systems Engineering team and resources to effectively work with other teams, delivering on commitments and drive results.
* Develop maintain the right skills across the Systems Engineering team to deliver against current and future needs of organizational product strategy and direction.
* Strong background in design and implement VMware vSphere infrastructure for public and private cloud platforms.
* Strong background in design, Implement and support Systems Infrastructure using rack mounts and Blade Chassis infrastructure. Experience with Fujitsu, HPE and Nutanix would be preferred.
* Strong background with Automation.
* Passion for solving complex and interesting problems that arise in support of Managed Hosting and Cloud Providers platforms used by large and complex IT customers.
* Strong technical background in various systems technologies including Microsoft Windows Server, Red Hat Linux and Oracle Enterprise Linux environments running in physical and fully virtualized deployments.
* Strong knowledge of Enterprise Architecture best practices
* Demonstrated experience designing, building and administering complex IT infrastructure components in support of ITIL standards, focus on highly available configuration and disaster recovery techniques.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Attracts and retains effective staff through mentoring, coaching, development, appraisal and motivation techniques.
* Excellent organization and teamwork skills
* Knowledge of BMC ITSM ticketing systems used for incident and change management as well as IPSoft platform
* Expertise in Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
* Experience with variety of technologies across networking, operating systems, storage, backups, Cloud, virtualization, systems and tools
* Expertise with HPE, Fujitsu, Netapp, Infinidat, Brocade, Dell EMC, IBM, VMware Cisco, Microsoft Azure, Zerto and Commvault technologies including compute ( blades and rack mount), Storage Arrays, Fiber Channel SAN/Switches, iSCSI, NFS, CIFS and SMB protocols.
* Proven expertise and demonstrated passion for delivering a premiere engineering services in Multi-Cloud environment.
* Able to successfully multi-task in a dynamic and fast-paced multi-cultural global environment providing Multi-Cloud Services to the customers.
* Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure.
* Ability to focus on overall strategy with Strong team and relationship building skills.
* Proven leadership and mentoring skills.
* Ability to analyze data, develop and present data driven reports.
* Extensive experience in engineering large scale, high performance, SaaS/PaaS/IaaS environments.
* Must be a strong, passionate, detail-oriented Leader who can prioritize, values the customer, is innovative as well as quantitative, can communicate clearly and will bring a consistent history of delivery. The role requires creative engineering balanced with high quality for solutions with business relevance.
* Experience in using a feedback loop to accomplish ongoing improvements
* Expertise around specifying, designing and implementing cloud management, system health, storage, performance monitoring tools, and software management tools.
* Excellent working knowledge of best practices in security, including access control, log analysis, intrusion detection and incident response.
* Experience with continuous integration testing.
* Experience with data classification, access control, and security models.
* Expertise with systems infrastructure (server, network, storage, load balancing, clustering)
* Experience with Git and Github-based workflows.
* Experience with application load balancing solutions for Scaling and High Availability
* Experience with configuration management tools (Salt Stack, CF-Engine, Ansible)
* Experience with building large-scale application deployments, standard three tier web applications a plus.
* Experience with Big Data and Analytics workloads a plus
* Expertise in a Hybrid Cloud environment.
* Experience with Machine Image technologies and tools like Packer and Docker.
* Experience with Compliance (SOCs, HIPPA, SIAS etc.)
Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field, or equivalent training, education and experience.
Related Work Experience Number of Years
Compute/Systems& Storage Engineering experience 10+
Management experience 5+
Normal office environment
Travel requirements: 0-10%
More on Spectrum: Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. Charter Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Current Unemployment Status.
Spectrum is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Current Unemployment Status.
FCC Unit: 00800 - Andover 400 Minuteman Rd Business Unit: Spectrum Enterprise
Posted by StartWire
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task