National Grid is a Global Electricity and Gas Company and one of the largest investor-owned energy companies in the world. We are committed to being an innovative leader in energy management and to safeguarding our global environment
* Consistent growth potential through company leadership programs
* Competitive and robust benefits and compensation with Bonus potential
* Numerous wellness programs and access to on site gym 24/7- depending location
* A multitude of company endorsed community programs to participate in
* Access to a full service cafeteria
We are currently looking for Rock Stars that want to be part of an exciting new venture of bringing back IT Projects to the states. This person must be a self-starter, energetic and have a passion for Project Management. Projects can be under 1 MM to well over 5 MM.
About the Position:
Business Analyst is to document business critical or complex solutions that meet the user needs and improve business performance by providing the analysis of business requirements, problem solving and troubleshooting as part of a project delivery team. Accountable for ensuring that clear, concise requirements (business and technical) have been captured. Drive or participate in testing, drive issue resolution, deviations and support the production implementation process. Develop procedural documentation or manuals.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
* Gather, analyse, document and manage business and user requirements (both functional and non-functional) Identify potential solutions for the business and provide input to issues or risks (through solid knowledge of the business and user requirements).
* Identify project interdependencies and communicate requirement/scope issues and participate in driving them to resolution for inclusion in the functional specifications.
* Translate business and user requirements in to detailed system requirements for the IT organization and manage all changes to the source documents.
* Develops detailed requirements via interviews, documented analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
* Lead other business analysts and other resources related business analysts'functions and / or deliverables.
* Demonstrate clear capability to document the ASIS, TOBE process flows. Conduct full analytics collaboratively to identify and provide solutions for gaps and abnormal work flows.
* Interact and work with the development team on issues related to coding to functional specifications.
* Ensure appropriate bi-directional tracing of project modifications back to business and user requirements.
* Facilitate walk-through of project deliverables for endorsement and approval.
* Create business and functional specifications for large, complex system implementations
* Assist with the development of the testing strategy - plan thorough requirements testing for user acceptance
* Demonstrate expert level knowledge in all systems, processes and data relating to the assigned business or project.
* Leverage domain expertise and analyst practice expertise to provide the most effective solutions to the business partners in the most efficient means possible.
* Educate business partners on systems capabilities and the feasibility of developing specific solutions.
* Leverage technical knowledge&business acumen to manage effective working relationships with Business Relationship Mangers, technology teams and business partners at management and end user levels.
* Manage stakeholder expectations as it relates to gathering business requirements
* Complete all support documentation on assigned projects, including creating and updating all user and technical procedures/manuals, business, and functional requirements, traceability matrices, process flows, operational support documentation and archival of all related project documentation.
* Develop the required user acceptance test scripts if necessary. Assist in overseeing User Acceptance Testing to execute, and track deviations found, facilitate non-technical work around sessions for remediation and document testing progress.
* Define and monitor all implementation tasks such as the production check-out process, including review of reports, data files and online screens to ensure technical solutions perform according to the specifications and meet defined business requirements
* Actively champion and contribute to the continuous improvement of business systems analysis best practices, using innovative ideas to increase effectiveness of the overall analyst organization.
* Provide subject matter expertise in areas including strategy/approach, requirements gathering, process modelling, use cases and other areas of expertise based on established business analysis tools and techniques.
* Performs additional duties as required.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Industrial Engineering or similar discipline; or equivalent work experience.
* 5-7 years of relevant experience as a Senior Business Analyst role
* 5 years of demonstrated experience in business and functional requirements elicitation, translation and documentation.
* 5 years'experience in facilitating design and use case discussions
* 5 years'experience in a SDLC environment
* Expert level analysis skills including ability to identify patterns, potential issues and then translate those into functional and test requirements.
* Expert level understanding of business functional areas and management issues as well as the IT organizations systems and capabilities.
* Ability to influence and build relationships and demonstrate team leadership in all interactions.
* Knowledge of and ability to effectively use the appropriate modelling methodologies and toolsets, requirements management methodologies and toolsets, requirements visualization methods and toolsets, and artifact versioning tools.
* Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Communicates effectively with business clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
* Proven track record with planning, estimating and organizing effort for the WBS.
* Extensive experience in MSOffice, Visio
* Have 3 years'experience in working in the Utility (Gas/Electric) domain with in a project setting.
* Working toward relevant industry certification (e.g. CEng, CITP, TOGAF, IIBA, ISEB diploma) desirable but not essential as part of career progression.
This position is one of National Grid's career path roles which provide for promotional opportunities within and across salary bands as you develop and evolve in the position by gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
Posted by StartWire
Associated topics: cell, electrical, electrical metering, electromagnetic, highline, hybrid, kw kwh, line, microprocessor, urd distribution