INNOVATE WITH US as you spend your summer with the Kellogg IT organization. We have opportunities in Oak Brook, IL and Battle Creek, MI. GROW WITH US as you work with a progressive, dynamic group of technical professionals. ENGAGE WITH US as you explore different technical competencies and enrich yourself as you work for a company that delights the world through foods and brands that matter.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
The 2018 Kellogg internship program is designed to provide you a robust experience determined by your education level, curriculum focus, as well as your technology and business competency and skillset. As an IT intern, you will be collaborating in pods of 2-5 interns to define a project, and project plan that will include milestones and deliverables for your team. This will be accomplished by leveraging available technologies that will allow for you to solve real business situations. Not only will you gain valuable hands-on experience during the course of the internship, but you will also have an opportunity to interact with talented IT teams within our organization.
During your internship, you can expect to learn the following:
* Gain an in depth understanding of how IT enables the Kellogg business
* Gain hands-on technology experience to build your IT functional and technical competency level
* Understand and evaluate customer needs, competitive landscape, technology trends, to define a strategy
* Gather, analyze, and prioritize inputs and synthesize them into business requirements that will drive the development of innovation
* Translate business priorities into actionable, clearly communicated milestones and deliverables
At the end of the IT summer internship program, the intern class will present their project to the IT organization and IT Senior Leadership Team.
Representative opportunities within the Information Technology department may include the following:
* Global Analytics - Leveraging data, technology, and advanced analytics to project shipments, sales, marketplace consumption, or consumer response to promotions (see separate Global Analytics job posting for more information).
* Workplace Solutions - Exhibiting innovation in designing, developing, and deploying new technologies for other Kellogg employees across the company. Specifically focusing on Facilities IT: a team that provides global solutions for IT needs in the Facilities such as Meeting Rooms, Digital Signage, Printing and Analytics.
* IT Security&Risk Management - Understanding how security enables the Kellogg business, exposure to emerging cyber threats, and the techniques to detect and respond to cyber attacks.
* Infrastructure - Storing information assets, computing processing power to deliver IT services, and connecting information resources and IT services within and outside the company.
* PMO - Assisting in IT Projects as a project manager or project coordinator, which includes responsibility for planning, management, coordination and financial control of a project.
* Strategy - Developing global IT strategies for various domains. Interview global stakeholders to understand pain points and opportunities, financial position, vendor positions, and industry to craft a strategic guidance paper on topics such as block chain, mobile, IOT, etc.
* Global Business Solutions - Take it apart, look around and put it back together just to make sure we haven't missed anything important. Have an idea of how to make it better? Come grow with us in our GBS IT team where you'll apply technical and process knowledge as well as insights to enable effectiveness and efficiency for the systems that keep our business running. While you are here you'll also be building your network and expertise in a thriving environment of professional development and teamwork, together we'll shape a stronger future for our company and your career.
Posted by StartWire
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task