Job Description Summary
The Manager of Information Technology & Development will oversee teams of developers and/or supervisors within Transamerica. As a Manager of Information Technology & Development, you will drive development and implementation efforts of our web application solutions and ensure alignment with company goals. The Manager of Information Technology & Development will be partnering with executive leadership throughout Transamerica's Information Technology, Retirement Planning and other Business Divisions to provide strategic development solutions.
- Accountable for the performance and results of a team of programmers, developers and/or systems analysts.
- Manage the technical direction/solution for assigned projects; ensure completion within time and budget constraints.
- Set goals and performance expectations for individuals and work groups; provide coaching, training and mentoring.
- Provide technical guidance to employees, colleagues and other stakeholders.
- Assist in annual budget planning.
- Bachelors degree in computer science, MIS, CIS or related field, or equivalent professional experience.
- Eight years of experience leading strong Java and .Net development teams.
- In-depth knowledge of programming languages or relational databases.
- Understanding and hands on experience with SQL Server, DB2 and Cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure.
- 10+ years of experience managing geographically dispersed development teams.
- Able to perform code reviews, ensure code quality, and assist in architecture solutions and development if necessary.
- Masters degree or technical certifications highly desired.
- Experience in the insurance/financial services industry.
Behavioral & Leadership Competencies
- Experience leading and implementing strategic development initiatives to meet organizational needs.
- Leading executive presentations for IT and Retirement divisions.
- Communication and interpersonal skills to interact with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Management experience required.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
At Transamerica we promote a Future Fit mindset. What is a Future Fit mindset?
- Acting as One fosters an environment of positive collaboration.
- Accountability allows us to own the problem as well as the solution.
- Agility inspires new ideas, innovation and challenges the status quo.
- Customer Centricity encourages an above and beyond approach to our customer.
- Office environment.
- Travel up to 20%.
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task