Work as an independent manager assign to a task or project. Act as a key customer contact to develop a clear understand of all customer requirements and scope of work. Liaison with suppliers and other internal departments to ensure program or project is completed on time and within budget, while meeting or exceeding customer quality standards. Offer guidance and support to engineers.
- Ensure compliance with all legislative requirements in the facility s geographic location and:
- The Global Operating System Plays;
- OHSAS 18001:2007 Health and Safety management system standard;
- ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Management system standard;
- TS 16949 Technical Specification Management and Linamar Quality Basics system standards.
- Support, Foster, Promote and Demonstrate Linamar s Core Values and Leadership Behaviors.
- Maintain balance between customer, employee and financial satisfaction by maximizing facility/department Performance Indicators to align to Linamar s Stepping Stool of Success Strategy.
- Support and maintain department lean initiatives as set out in LPS system requirements.
- Maintain department 5S requirements.
- Take new products from the concept stage to production stage.
- Ensure all program elements are being tracked so as to ensure that budgets and timing commitments are maintained, and changes in programs status are effectively communicated to all stake-holders.
- Identify capital equipment sources.
- Supervise buy-off of equipment.
- Lead APQP team and activities.
- Lead technical component specification, sourcing, and supplier development.
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts based on the feedback from external and internal related performance indicators.
- Specify special tools and fixtures where required.
- Estimate cycle times for each operation in the process.
Preparation of quotations.
- Maintain control of customer drawings and revisions.
- Ensure that the process is capable of producing parts to specifications.
- Modify the process and update all relevant documentation when required.
- Keep records, transmit information to other departments.
- A university degree in engineering or equivalent.
- Completion of a Program Management Course or equivalent experience.
- Essential Skills
- Reading: 4
- Document Use: 4
- Numeracy: 4
- A minimum of two years experience in a machining or manufacturing environment.
- Write technical proposals which explore new processes, new products or quality assurance opportunities. Proposals are usually written for non-technical audiences such as clients and management.
- Ability to make presentations to senior management during annual meetings to provide an overview of areas such as product costing, maintenance and equipment failures which need to be considered when planning for the coming year.
- Evaluate the ability of current building systems to address increased demands from plant operations. Decide when to seek technical assistance or expert consultation.
- Complete production and completion schedules to track process and progress of projects.
- Establish, review and approve the annual budgets for departments. Analyze the cost categories of budgets to identify the largest areas to focus waste reduction measures.
- Lead and co-ordinate project teams which include other engineers, technologists, clients and contractors when designing, developing and building products.
- Experience with the use of statistical analysis software and computer-assisted design, manufacturing and machining. Intermediate to advanced proficiency in all applicable software applications (i.e. Microsoft Office including Project, AutoCAD, SolidWorks).
\"From a single lathe in my father's basement to a multi-billion dollar global manufacturing company, Linamar has come a long way in our short history. Today the company operates 40 manufacturing facilities around the world. Our precision products provide the light vehicle, commercial truck, off-highway, energy and industrial OEM markets with powertrain system solutions. Our Skyjack brand is a global leader of aerial work platforms to the construction and access markets. We are a diversified manufacturing company powering motion, powering work, powering lives. It has been 47 years since the company was founded. I'm extremely proud of the organization we have built over those years and I'm very confident in what the future holds for Linamar's Customers, Employees and its Financial Stakeholders.\"
Linamar provides products that power vehicles, power work, power motion and power lives. From the core precision metallic components used in automotive powertrains to Skyjack's aerial work platforms, to the agricultural products the Oros division designs and builds, Linamar has a diversified product line up delivered by a workforce that has the \"Power to Perform\".
Linamar provides an excellent platform for employees to advance their career. In just over 47 years, Linamar has grown from a small machining operation to a leading global manufacturing powerhouse. From the entrepreneurial seeds planted by the dynamic founder and current Chairman, Mr. Frank Hasenfratz, Linamar has evolved into a $3.2 Billion company with 40 manufacturing facilities located across the globe. Growth has been tremendous and as Linamar's strong and streamlined corporate structure enables continued success and performance at unsurpassed levels.
Linamar Corporation is organized along product/process and geographic lines in order to maximize customer satisfaction, efficiency and operational results. The company is structured into individual operating groups each led by a Group President. Global support facilities and functional resources span across the organization to assist with technical expertise, standard operating policies and shared best practices.
There are currently four Operating Groups within Linamar. The Manufacturing Group focuses primarily on precision machining and assembly of light vehicle engine and transmission components. The Linamar Industrial, Commercial, Energy Manufacturing Group (Linamar ICE Group) is a precision machining supplier to the commercial vehicle, off highway, industrial and energy markets. Linamar's Driveline Systems group is a leading designer and manufacturer of gears and gear-driven systems including all-wheel drive (AWD) applications. Skyjack is a globally recognized brand providing construction and access markets with reliable lift solutions.
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task