Genova Technologies has an immediate opening for an Engineering Manager (Web/Mobile) for our office in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
Individual will manage the employees, projects, and programs within the commercial Web / Mobile / Data Base engineering business segment. The individual will support the President & General Manager with customer and proposal efforts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Responsible for managing and reviewing of all Web / Mobile / Data Base Engineering Projects and Programs
* Work with President / GM and Business Development in understanding customer needs related to Web / Mobile / Data Base engineering
* Responsible for working with the Engineering Resource Manager for resume review, interviewing, and hiring decisions for personnel to meet current and future Genova needs
* Responsible for coordination with Engineering Resource Manager and Business Development in determining existing workforce strengths, weaknesses, and consolidation with ongoing engineering needs
* Support Business Development with customer engineering point-of-contact evaluation of ongoing satisfaction, future needs, and restructuring requirements
* Provide President & General Manager onsite engineering support in pursuit of new programs or endeavors
* Support Business Development in supplying input to engineering technical responses portions of Request for Proposals or other forms of contractual work request
* Responsible for making decisions that impact cost, schedule, and technical performance, all while mitigating risk
* Responsible for performing annual performance appraisals and issuing disciplinary actions as needed
* Responsible for supporting, grooming, and mentoring
* Lead team and client meetings as necessary
* Special projects as assigned
Education & Experience Required:
* Degree in Computer Science or related experience preferred
* 5+ years prior engineering experience preferred
* 2+ years of prior experience managing a team preferred
Required Skills and Abilities:
* Ability to lead and manage a team and work well in a team environment as well as independently
* Proven analytical and problem solving skills in a technical environment
* Able to present to groups of various levels
* Strong communication skills both written and verbal, also strong listening skills
* Flexible individual with a team player attitude
* Excellent knowledge software.
* Strong understanding of Web and Mobile environments.
* Strong understanding of Waterfall and Agile work flows
* Strong proficiency in: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
* Reliable individual with great attention to detail and deadlines
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment
* Ability to work extra hours
Reporting to this position: Engineers, Project Managers, and Program Managers
Physical, mental and environmental requirements:
Work is completed in general office setting with moderate interruptions. Physical requirements include ability to perform light work activities, including reaching and light lifting. Requires travel within the state of Iowa
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Genova Technologies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Posted by StartWire
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task