Tenneco Inc. (NYSE:TEN), a multibillion dollar global manufacturing company, is pioneering global ideas for cleaner air, and smoother, quieter and safer transportation. We're one of the world's leading designers, manufacturers and distributors of clean air and ride performance products for the automotive, commercial truck and off-highway, and large engine markets as well as the aftermarket.
We serve our customers from 93 manufacturing facilities and 15 engineering and technical centers around the world, delivering advanced technologies, quality products, powerful brands and outstanding engineering and manufacturing capabilities.
Headquartered in Lake Forest, Illinois, our 30,000 employees around the world demonstrate the company's commitment to shareholder value, our customers'success, employee engagement and sustainability.
Tenneco Corporate Internship Program
Tenneco provides an opportunity for students to accelerate their personal and professional growth via transformational experiential learning opportunities. Students working at Tenneco are connected, challenged and coached by experienced Tenneco Learning Partners who have been carefully selected by Tenneco Leadership to support, sponsor, and shape the next generation of early talent for Tenneco and the global automotive industry.
The IT Intern (PAID) opportunity is located at our World Headquarters in Lake Forest, Illinois.
The IT Intern (PAID) opportunity provides participants with challenging and rewarding experiences that enable them to develop leadership and functional skills; in one of the following IT related areas at Tenneco:
* Global Infrastructure Operations Services (GIOS)
* Project Management Office (PMO)
* Business Relationship Management (BRM)
* Information Security
* Core Solutions / Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
Additionally, participants will be assigned an executive sponsored continuous improvement project to help make a lasting impact on the business.
The summer internship culminates with a formal presentation where participants showcase their success stories to senior leaders of the organization and receive feedback on their performance.
* Solid understanding of Windows PC/laptop operating systems and hardware.
* Familiar with concepts related to server administration, networking, printers, domain controllers, etc.
* Strong customer service orientation.
* Must be able to work in a Team based environment.
* Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
* Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
* Effective time management skills.
* Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
* Student currently enrolled and pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems and/or a related technical field.
* Ability to participate in a summer internship (minimum of 10 weeks) during the Summer intern period (May - September).
* Minimum overall cumulative GPA of 2.8 or higher.
* Ability to provide own transportation to/from the job site.
* Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
* Geographically flexible and willing to relocate during the program.
* Student with a minimum overall cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
Posted by StartWire
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task